Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An absolutely fascinating series of articles cited in this thread. If you have not done so, I recommend spending the time to read them.

It is difficult to believe that the Apeks DSX computer and the Aqua Lung Helix Pro regulator will be enough to resurrect Aqua Lung after the Barings acquisition from Montagu this fall. We'll all see.

An absolutely fascinating series of articles cited in this thread. If you have not done so, I recommend spending the time to read them.

It is difficult to believe that the Apeks DSX computer and the Aqua Lung Helix Pro regulator will be enough to resurrect Aqua Lung after the Barings acquisition from Montagu this fall. We'll all see.
I have never seen PE bring any benefit to a company like AquaLung. So many great companies are either gone or have become "brands". This story is not unique to AL.

I imagine there will at worst be a orderly court supervised reorganization BK, I don't think it will be a out of business BK event.
Expect more supply chain problems just remember that supply chain is every link, saying supply chain during covid makes everyone think production and transport, it's also making deposits on orders, paying for them LOC's (letters and lines of when talking this) etc.
The legal bills will be stunning given how many business units in different jurisdictions actually.. without having the numbers to run, that is something i would be very worried about. The EBITDA is massive to debt but they still have significant revenue and I suspect room to further control costs and sell/spin off stuff to get a more favorable debt situation with the courts help. Don't forget that Montagu has surely signed the notes along with AL, and even for them AL debt is a big enough number to be concerned, but they are spinning off some other assets .. I can't imagine a court would want contagion thru all of Montagu's holdings anymore than Montagu does. Like seriously, it's 2023, who lets big firms fail anymore? (sarcasm...sorta)
lawyers and big name MBA's at consulting firms are gonna be raking it in for sure. Those MBA's should have fun inventing data for the dive industry, I mean, most of the dive industry data is invented anyhow

@cerich

If that is the case will the reorganization effect the end users such a changes to warranty.

And of course will it work or is just going to be a temporary band aid.

I think that is the big question.

@cerich

If that is the case will the reorganization effect the end users such a changes to warranty.

And of course will it work or is just going to be a temporary band aid.

I think that is the big question.
not likely, maybe short term with supply chain stuff like parts, maybe long term for a few products

It is interesing to me that Aqua Lung bought Pelagic Pressure Systems from American Underwater Products in May of 2015, the year before Air Liquide sold them to Montagu. They still supply all the MH8A transmitters for Aqua Lung, Apeks, Oceanic, and Sherwood computers. They supplied to Shearwater until the Swift was released. Owning PPS also allowed Aqua Lung to open a new line of computers, now having about seven different models, including the Apeks DSX. These all run the PZ+ decompression algorithm except for the Aqua Lung i330R, which runs Buhlmann ZH-L16C with presets, and the Apeks DSX, which also includes custom GFs. From my casual observation, it seems like Aqua Lung computers have done all right.

I have sent Aqua Lung several messages over the last couple years, they have never even responded to me. The opposite of my experience with Shearwater, Scubapro, and Oceanic/Huish.

I like the mouthgaurd things that have on there cold water regs. It does help when diving the winter up here.

I do wonder if my core supreme just became a paperweight.
Those are available as a separate part that can go on any other regulator. I have a pair on my Conshelf that I can move to other seconds if necessary.

Those are available as a separate part that can go on any other regulator. I have a pair on my Conshelf that I can move to other seconds if necessary.

I have them on my deep six regs

They may look to sell parts of the non-Aqualung branded business like Apeks etc

I believe that this maybe a most valuable brand in the AL collection.

Back
Top Bottom