Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Landon.

Good point. I keep forgetting we are two nations divided by a common language.

Besides they have nothing else to offer except a woke recycled plastic
Hey if you are using the word woke then our nations are not that divided after all.

I was just in Germany and the local shop had a nice inventory of Apeks, back in Florida the local also had a good stock, seems at least product is being shipped.

1. Last year sales in the UK dropped by over 50%
2. Directors missed out on their annual £800,000 bonus
3. But while staff numbers and wages stayed the same as the year before
4. The new director wages were increased by a whopping 45%
5. Now the kicker is Apeks for the first time in its history made a whopping quarter of a million sterling loss.
6. I can confirm on 8th December 2023 Barings completed the acquisition of the Aqualung Group.
Well more fiasco at Apeks Marine another director of the company has gone in the week (resigned)
Started the job with the last fella who signed off the big loan and resigned in December
Now this one gone. They both started the job at the same time in June 2023 now this one resigned March 2024

Total heads lopped (sorry resigned ) in 2023 stands at around six with the shortest running director at 3 months in the job

Now for the good news yet another new director started in the replacements shoes a week ago and is I quote

"A Strategic people leader with demonstrable expertise in successfully transforming Manufacturing environments by leading change processes and people centric cultural improvement practices, to achieve world class results".

Whatever the heck that is when its at home

Did his degree in leadership and business management with high performance leadership conflict management and market orientation. With his activities and societies in Golf team and a debate team and a cricket club captain.

Maybe Apeks Marine will now move into making golf clubs and cricket bats however expect an interesting debate before that world class fiasco is signed off due to conflict management I guess.

Just Saying.... Iain

"A Strategic people leader with demonstrable expertise in successfully transforming Manufacturing environments by leading change processes and people centric cultural improvement practices, to achieve world class results".
BINGO !!! (on the BBB (Business Bullsiht Bingo) card I was playing!)

BINGO !!! (on the BBB (Business Bullsiht Bingo) card I was playing!)
I know, right! Who in the corporate world actually believes that this kind of language a) makes any sense and b) makes people believe it? Besides, in this case I don't think AL needs "people centric cultural improvement practices." It needs to cut the fat, produce quality products, and get back in the black.

I know, right! Who in the corporate world actually believes that this kind of language a) makes any sense and b) actually makes people believe it? Besides, in this case I don't think AL needs "people centric cultural improvement practices." It needs to cut the fat, produce quality products, and get back in the black.
Quit trying to slime lipstick on that pig. Just make plain looking stuff that works real good at a more affordable price and has worldwide support. Oh, maybe make parts available to lay folks, not just the priesthood. Sell a ton of it. Make money. Hire engineers. Defund the executive floor and all the PE investors and their conslutants.

Now for the good news yet another new director started in the replacements shoes a week ago and is I quote

Whatever the heck that is when its at home

Did his degree in leadership and business management with high performance leadership conflict management and market orientation. With his activities and societies in Golf team and a debate team and a cricket club captain.
I have a MBA and could just never imagine myself writing something like that... but then again I also have experience in the dive industry, so I am not the type they would want, degrees aside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom