Aqualung Impression mask reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. Whenever I swim with mask/goggles I always like to get in the water, then take off my mask and get everything wet before applying my organic, bio-degradable anti-fog treatment :)

It looks like the Impression is based on a pretty popular mask (Micromask) so I'm feeling even better about it. But the vision is good and the seal fits my face very well which is really what matters I guess.

For what it’s worth. Took me a while to find just the right mask. Black with gauge readers. (I cave dive and ambient bright light exposure is a bad thing). Anyway, after finding the “perfect” mask, I bought 5 of them. That was 6 years ago and I still have 2 unopened ones. Dive manufactures like to change things just to make it better. I’m set for at least 3 more years.

For what it’s worth. Took me a while to find just the right mask. Black with gauge readers. (I cave dive and ambient bright light exposure is a bad thing). Anyway, after finding the “perfect” mask, I bought 5 of them. That was 6 years ago and I still have 2 unopened ones. Dive manufactures like to change things just to make it better. I’m set for at least 3 more years.
Why do I go through masks so quickly? Cave diving is real hard on gear. Wet suit will last 2 years. Fins 5. My tanks look like they have been dragged behind my truck on a gravel road. Get the point.

no experience with that specific mask, but with the super low volume masks, especially in cold water, you need to be doing cold water treatments. You need to be doing them on every dive anyway, but in cold water it helps to lower your face skin temperature which helps to minimize fogging
Could you describe these Cold water treatments?

Could you describe these Cold water treatments?

mask on back of head. Regulator and/or snorkel in mouth. Put face in water. Inhale through mouth, exhale through nose. Breathe until it doesn't feel like you are being sucker punched in the nose, the brain freeze goes away, and you are breathing normally. Your personal cold tolerance will determine whether that takes 3 breaths or 3 minutes, but it is important to do that until you are truly comfortable. Highly recommend swapping regs during this which also double duties the function of regulator checks
This does three things. It helps minimize skin temp which minimizes fogging, that's the primary benefit when everything is going right. Secondary benefit is it starts to kick in the mammalian diving reflex which slows everything down which is ideal. Third is the most important when stuff goes sideways which is minimizing that massive shock to the face when a mask gets flooded or kicked off and usually helps keep you from getting too excited at depth. VERY important pre-dive drill.

mask on back of head. Regulator and/or snorkel in mouth. Put face in water. Inhale through mouth, exhale through nose. Breathe until it doesn't feel like you are being sucker punched in the nose, the brain freeze goes away, and you are breathing normally. Your personal cold tolerance will determine whether that takes 3 breaths or 3 minutes, but it is important to do that until you are truly comfortable. Highly recommend swapping regs during this which also double duties the function of regulator checks
This does three things. It helps minimize skin temp which minimizes fogging, that's the primary benefit when everything is going right. Secondary benefit is it starts to kick in the mammalian diving reflex which slows everything down which is ideal. Third is the most important when stuff goes sideways which is minimizing that massive shock to the face when a mask gets flooded or kicked off and usually helps keep you from getting too excited at depth. VERY important pre-dive drill.
Interesting, I think I'll just stick to baby shampoo to stop the fogging.

Back
Top Bottom