Aqualung New Double Hose Mistral Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonbeans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought this a couple of years ago, not exactly sure why, most likely because the price was right. Well, seeing as how I have too many DH regs that really work, I want to let this one go. It is new, never been used. It comes in the case as seen, all parts as new, in original shipping box. It has been stored in case, in dark and cool area. I am accepting reasonable offers. PM if interested. If no one is interested, it might go the eBay route, but I really don't want to.

ALmistral4.jpg

ALmistral3.jpg

ALmistral1.jpg

ALmistral2.jpg

I am just curious, as I have never used a DH Reg. What does one of these go for usually, and what should one look for when looking to purchase one? I have always been interested in trying one.

I am just curious, as I have never used a DH Reg. What does one of these go for usually, and what should one look for when looking to purchase one? I have always been interested in trying one.

Your probably better off asking this question in the vintage scuba forum.

This one however is not vintage. When they first came out I saw a retail price of 900 bucks. Later when they got the reputation of not being very good ( hoses to floaty, not exactly the greatest breather, way overpriced due to the gimmick retro factor- a new one with the original design would have been great- and some other things) I saw in the box ones being sold for 300-350. The last one I saw advertised on ebay and that was awhile ago had a buy it now of 500. Not sure what the reserve was but it did not go and got very few bids.

Now that you mention it Jim, I do remember these things showing up on mass on ebay about 5-6 years ago.

If you want to try a DH reg, find a rebuilt old one. These do not compair to the old ones. If you want an old one to dive this is by far the best way to go. It is fully restored with all new parts and the price is right. Unlike one you have to restore yourself- which is not difficult- this one is set up and ready to dive. Double Hose Explorer Kit [Double Hose Explorer Kit] - $250.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving
I would suggest you find someone local who dives the old regs to help you along, I like the way they dive but they do dive different and take some getting use to.

This one however is not vintage. When they first came out I saw a retail price of 900 bucks. Later when they got the reputation of not being very good ( hoses to floaty, not exactly the greatest breather, way overpriced due to the gimmick retro factor- a new one with the original design would have been great- and some other things) I saw in the box ones being sold for 300-350. The last one I saw advertised on ebay and that was awhile ago had a buy it now of 500. Not sure what the reserve was but it did not go and got very few bids.

I agree Jim, if AL would have just pulled out the old drawings and made a batch exactly like the old ones with new materials in the rubber parts they would have sold a lot of them. This half done cobbled together one just did not cut it. If dove bad so new divers did not wanted it and it had no classic interest so the vintage divers had no interest in it.

Hi, if it`s not sold, I am interested, Not really good with negotiations.

How much would you want, and would a Western Union Money Order Transfer to your name be Okay.. I do not like using credit Cards on the web or pay pal.

new to this site .. very interested in acquiring aqualung mistral ... I have been looking for a while ? just joined this because of your add ... lol do you still have it ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom