Aqualung Titan LX Supreme - good reg? good price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We use the Titans for classes and rentals and our students and customers can't kill them and belive me they try. Aqualung also offers free parts for life to the original owner.

Thanks for moving the thread to this forum... I wasn't sure if it was too much of a newbie question for the equipment board. In any case, thanks to everyone for the advice. I ended up buying the Titan LX Supreme for that discount price and I'm sure I'll have years of great diving with it.
-Don

You made a good choice. The first stage is the descendant of the old DA Royal Aquamaster double-hose regulator so the basic design has been around for over 40 years. Parts should be available for the conceivable future. The second stage is virtually the same as the Legend, so it delivers great performance. The Titan LX has been known as the "sweet spot" in the Aqua-Lung line, delivering the best performance for the cost. As far as I can tell the "Core" is just a cosmetic upgrade of the Titan LX. Enjoy your new purchase and dive safe.

I'm considering buying my first reg. I'm a new diver and want to avoid getting something that I'll out-grow quickly, but don't want to go nuts. I'd like to leave some money in the budget to actually go diving... Since I live in SE Pennsylvania, cold water diving may well be in my future.

I was thinking about the Hog D1 package ($179), probably upgraded to the sealed cold-water package for ca. $220(?), but have come across a deal on the AquaLung Titan LX Supreme DIN for <$300 (normally ~$500). It may be a discontinued model, but I've been assured that parts will be available "forever".

Specs here:
Aqua Lung DK - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Personal and Professional Use - Titan LX Supreme

Any opinions about this reg or AquaLung in general? And what sort of discount is typical for SCUBA gear? does this sound like a good deal for unused, new-in-box piece from a reliable LDS?
TIA
-Don

The Titan is an outstanding regulator and Aqualung regs are well engineered.

R..

R..

I like stuff I can count on. When I am not using my double hose regulators or my classic Scubapro 109 or Conshelf, my preference in "modern" plastic is the Titan LX.

The Core looks fine to me, it is the replacement I guess for the Titan. New outside looks with mostly the same insides and a smaller (?) second stage case. Meh.

N

Good choice. Solid regulator at a reasonable price.

I've got the Titan LX Supreme and it's a great reg at a nice price point. According to my LDS, the reason that AquaLung is renaming it is that they wanted to distinguish it more from the lower priced Titan (non LX) line. The second stage uses the same service kit as the Legend, it's metal inside unlike the non-LX model. I needed the cold water ability, even in the middle of summer the local quarry is 45* once you drop below about 60-70 foot. A lot of people had problems with regs (including the lower end Titan) freezing up on them, but mine has never missed a beat. I'm probably going to start hunting for a backup one pretty soon.

All I can say, at 110 feet it breathes sweet. I'm not aware that I've got a reg in my mouth. You can't ask for much better than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom