Oceanic Delta 2 versus Aqualung Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterwulf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've been using my trusty old Oceanic Delta 2 for a long time but recently acquired a nice looking Aqualung Titan LX that I may set up as a spare rig. I got it in a bag of gear that I picked up cheap. (I know neither one is a brand new whiz bang rocket ship but they suit me and my requirements. Besides, I know how it feels to be vintage!)

Both have matching first stages, are in good physical shape, IP's are 134 and 138 psi, will be recently serviced, are adjustable and breath easy.

Which would you choose? Why?

I've also thought of using one of them as my octo because I can turn down the air and prevent accidental purging. Thoughts?
Thanks.

First, to be vintage, a regulator needs to be born in 1975 or before.

I prefer the Delta 2, because I like adjustable second stage regulators. However, the second stage on the Titan LX is balanced, which would make it a better second. I am not sure if the Delta 2 was available with different first stages but mine came with a diaphragm first. The Titan LX also has a diaphragm first. I am not sure if either is better than the other. Although some Titans had sealed first stages which would be better if you dive in cold or silty water.

My advice is take them both on an easy dive so see which you prefer. You seem to be an experienced diver and know how to test a reg before using.

I tried them both out on a "dry dive" sitting on my living room couch and the Delta is way easier to breath. I decided to make the Titan LX my octo because it's a decent regulator and has the adjustable Venturi to stop free flow. I gave it a minor service today and it was all nice and clean inside. I'm sure I'll be happy with it but I will try it out on an actual wet dive just to be sure. lol.

Back
Top Bottom