Oceanic cdx5/gt3 replacement recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaDiver68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I’ve been diving with an Oceanic CDX5/GT3 for many many years without any issue. It recently developed a vertical crack in the purge button, and when contacting Oceanic, it was stated this part is no longer available. My thinking is that instead of trying to find this part elsewhere, and then getting everything serviced, it may be best to just replace. Oceanic is recommending an EDX/Delta 5 as a similar replacement. Apparently they have a 20% trade-in discount, which make this setup about $480 from a local dealer. I will be traveling with this, as most of my diving is liveaboard/Caribbean (About 35-40 dives/year). I don‘t need an octo, as it is integrated in my low pressure inflator.

Any comments/feedback on this setup, or alternate recommendations?

If you want a new regset and are happy with Oceanic and your local shop, the EDX and Delta 5 should serve you well.

Here's a review: ScubaLab Testers Choice Scuba Diving Regulators: Oceanic Delta 5 . They felt it was a great deal at $600. At $480 it's going to be tough to beat for a full set with a environmentally sealed diaphragm first stage.

That said, there doesn't seem to be any real need to replace the first stage. If you want to save some money, you can get a new Delta 5 second stage for $220, maybe less if they give you a trade in discount.

Back
Top Bottom