Aquarium Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teamheatwave once bubbled...
You must have a small frame.
:laugh:

Heehee. I doubt that. I guess you are right, mgri, it must be a depth thing, I probably do kick down when I dive in open water. Never thought much about it. I don't have any problems with 15' safety stops, though.
I think I am just a particularly dense person. :eek:ut:

Thanks for the input about that and the logbooks. I think I'll keep a separate log for my aquarium dives and not count them toward my total.

washow88 once bubbled...
I filled out the volunteer application at the Baltimore aquarium in order to dive with the sharks. I will start on September.
I discovered later that I have to work with them a full day each week, plus two nights and a day in the weekend. Also, you must supply your own gear. I suggest getting all the details before you get involved.
Check out this link http://www.aqua.org/volunteer.html

Hi washow88:
I've been diving at the Baltimore aquarium for a couple months now, and all dive team members are required to work 1 full day every OTHER week. We dive with many more animals than just the sharks. Also, I haven't heard anything about being required to dive at night, or on the weekends, for that matter. In fact, the dive slots for the weekend are the hardest to get. In addition, they definitely provide all equipment except mask, wetsuit, and booties. Just wondering where you got you got your info.

Have you started yet, and if so, what team are you on?

It is great, I love putting on shows for the kids and doing what I love to do...... DIVING. It is alot of fun.

Rich :mean:

and the diver I spoke with really loves it, said they are often looking for people who can volunteer on weekdays as opposed to weekends. Another reason to move to Chicago!

SueMermaid --

I just learned that the NJ State Aquarium has been purchased by a private organization, and will soon close for nine months for an overhaul. So I imagine that the need for divers will be zilch for the near-term. I will get more information shortly.

g

:confused: I think it's beautiful the way it is! I wonder what they're planning to do with it?
I was wondering why I hadn't heard from them. Thanks for the update, Curly. :wink:

Curly once bubbled...
SueMermaid --

I just learned that the NJ State Aquarium has been purchased by a private organization, and will soon close for nine months for an overhaul. So I imagine that the need for divers will be zilch for the near-term. I will get more information shortly.

g
;-( nuts, I was planning on applying...

Anyone know what the New York Aquarium's requirements are?

What we are being told is that starting in September 2004, construction will start on the NJ Aquarium addition, but that the old section will stay open. After the new part is done, the old part will be closed and rehabbed, then reopened and joined with the new section-this is anecdotal, but from a good source.

We NEED divers! PLEASE apply.

BTW-I am monitoring the tests Monday if anyone is scheduled for that day.

Ken (dive team #9)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom