Archon Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 3 lights from them. D22 (1000 lumen, focus light, The Tank for low light/night dives, using for 2yrs already), D11v (860, focus, one hand operation, new), D10s (860, wide angle for gopro pole, 1yr), and I just love them. They perfect my needs.

Price and build is fair and solid. Great product lines and design you dont see from other big brands.

Sent from Tapatalk mobile

---------- Post added June 14th, 2014 at 02:52 PM ----------

daseraqu.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk mobile

Last edited:
I have the D32VR.. used it every dive for the last 150 dives or so.... no problems at all. Love it ! :)

I have the D32VR.. used it every dive for the last 150 dives or so.... no problems at all. Love it ! :)

Under what circumstance do you use the red lights? I suppose people use it mostly for photos?

I use GoPro and I already have a focus light (1000 lumen), but been thinking about this light recently to be my main light at night dives, because focus light will ruin GoPro videos.

I also bought the D32VR from lightmalls about a year ago. Used extensively in a months' diving trip around Sulawesi with no issues. It took a lot of bashing but never let me down underwater while only 2-3 times the modes didn't switch first time. Fellow divers were also surprised by the beam range, quality built and were curious about it.
As for the red light it is perfect if you want to be less intrusive, for example taking pictures of mandarin fish mating. All my night pics are taken with this light, no focus light used (see link below).

I would definitely recommend Archon, I think the poster above must have been unlucky/bad patch? as mine shows no signs of deterioration around the threads (pic below) after extensive use.

IMG_0051.jpgIMG_0052.jpg

Under what circumstance do you use the red lights? I suppose people use it mostly for photos?

I use GoPro and I already have a focus light (1000 lumen), but been thinking about this light recently to be my main light at night dives, because focus light will ruin GoPro videos.
Mostly for taking pics of small critters that are night animals/senestive to daylight/regular scuba light... buut i hardly ever use the red... most animals around here seems to get spooked by the bubbles of my regulator anyway :(

Hi there,

Has anyone tried the Archon V10s? free shipping new 2014 ARCHON v10 CREE XM L U2 LED Professional General multifunctional Camera underwater photography lighting-in Flashlights & Torches from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com
I can pick them up for about US$24 on Taobao.com (Chinese is my 2nd language). But I can't seem to find any reviews on its reliability/waterproofing. There is, however, a review on scubasg that seems promising in terms of brightness/angle. ScubaSG's - Non Scientist Divelight Review (in progress) - page 3 - Diving Accessories - ScubaSG

Robzr, I'd love to hear from you about this model too! In particular, why is the D10s more expensive when it actually has less features and a similar light pattern and form factor?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom