Are all BP and wings interchangeable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the responses.

You can install many STA's right over the little roll control unit on the DSS wing. Maybe those very wide STA's (often weighted) will not work. But most "standard" ones will. And Oxy, for example, makes a two piece STA, which would perfectly work around the DSS roll control unit.

As Tobin noted, it can be a nightmare to try and mix and match wings and plates if you are looking to direct mount the tank without an STA. In addition to the wing/plate cam band slot alignment concern, there are also other possible alignment snags with bolts and harness threading and harness grommets that can add to the frustration, or fun (we all have different definitions of "fun" :wink:)--these other potential snags are more likely if you are using a shorter or custom BP.

I have used DiveRite, AGIR, Hollis and Scuba-Pro plates. The DiveRite, Hollis and Scuba-Pro all have cam slots that line up with my Oxycheq Mach V wings. The AGIR has no slots but has 11" center holes so an STA works fine. I have also used an STA with the other three brands and they also use 11" centre holes. I have played with Halcyon plates and the slots do not line up but again they have 11" center holes so an STA would be fine. Another board member uses a DSS plate with Oxycheq wing and apparently slots line up fine. The DSS wing has sewn in "STA" so cannot be used with an STA but of course with a DSS plate one is not required. Good luck with the shopping.

You can install many STA's right over the little roll control unit on the DSS wing. Maybe those very wide STA's (often weighted) will not work. But most "standard" ones will. And Oxy, for example, makes a two piece STA, which would perfectly work around the DSS roll control unit.

As Tobin noted, it can be a nightmare to try and mix and match wings and plates if you are looking to direct mount the tank without an STA. In addition to the wing/plate cam band slot alignment concern, there are also other possible alignment snags with bolts and harness threading and harness grommets that can add to the frustration, or fun (we all have different definitions of "fun" :wink:)--these other potential snags are more likely if you are using a shorter or custom BP.

Thank you for your correction, I was repeating what I had previously (mis) read, my mistake, oops, sorry DSS for posting incorrect info. I will take more care not to do so in the future. Cheers

PS the plates I have used have all been standard size i.e. not short or small. I have used the square profile Halcyon and Hollis STAs but did not like the way they sat when using my Oxycheq wings (roll control tabs), now use the narrow channel DiveRite and AGIR STAs. The AGIR has two top sets of cam slots, the DiveRite does not but I did a "Nemrod" mod and cut another set in them.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom