Are Cave divers missing out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what kinds of caves do you prefer? :wink:

I love Mexico... if everything were reversed and Mexico had the non-decorated, high flow, deep caves and FLA had the beautiful, shallow, low flow caves... I'd still go to Mexico!

I don't think my abilities to dive the caves in Mexico suffer at all because I choose not to go to Florida. Maybe I'm not as well-rounded as someone who dives both places... but I prefer to specialize! :wink:

I'm not diving to push myself and learn something new EVERY time I go out. Generally I dive where I have fun. So far, MX has always been really fun, even in class. As far as flow goes, someday I would like to see Plura. Doubt it will ever happen given prep-dives, distance, time, money, and logistics. But its my Mnt. Everest seeing it "off in the distance" is captivating enough most days.

I dive different caves when I get a chance. But I also dive different types of passages in the same cave. Anyone who has been in Jackson Blue can attest to the differences there. The main line goes through a fairly large passage, but there are tons of sidemount passages along the way. Lots of rock and lots of silt, too. High flow and low flow. You can't get much more diverse than that. I also dive JB because it's the most convenient to me. There are other caves I dive and even more I want to dive, but finding the time to do the proper scouting and setting up the dives is the difficult part.

Anyone can call a dive for any reason at any time.

Some people just "call it" before they even plan it.
I don't see an issue with that. I certainly don't want to be diving with someone that doesn't want to be there, and probably shouldn't.

Leave the macho at home.

I dive BOTH kinds , Country and Western ... :rofl3:

Seriously , I love diving Ginnie and JB and Little River and Peacock. I did most of my Intro dives in Peacock (low flow) but then moved more into the higher-flow caves during App/FC . Now I love to mix them up :D
Even have been doing some in Manatee with the flow down.

Peacock is still my favorite , not because of the low flow , but because I STILL love the formations in there. Just learning Jackson Blue (an awesome cave).

I think ALL caves are just GREAT in their own special way. Each has it's own personality.

Jeano Beano

The only time I'm missing out, is when I have to spend 4 hours driving to Peacock. Once I get there, I'm not missing out anymore. I dive all kinds, Low flow / high flow / tight SM / Scooter etc... I dive caves depending on what mood I'm in. Lately I've been diving Peacock for the same general reasons as Jean pointed out.. The formations are awesome! Maybe next week I'll do the Godzilla circuit at Madison.

I don't think I'm missing out at all...

I just love cave diving and the community! It doesn't matter to me where I dive I normally just go where my friends r at and is in my skill set...

Ben

Florida caves suck. They are all too deep with too high flow to do any decent diving. And they're ugly. Stay away or you may end up like scubafool.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom