Are you a fresh or salt water diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEM:
I dive mostly fresh water, but love the salt water.

Here in Texas some of us dive in all three conditions; fresh, salt and brackish...a fourth is often encountered.........muddy.

We have fun in all of them, and talking about the things we felt while we were underwater!

Have fun!

Regards,

I only dive in salt water. Fresh water is for rinsing gear..!

Diving most man made impoundments is exceedingly boring. Here and there a reservoir will have an interesting dive site such as the Paddle Wheel wreck in Table Rock or the Bridge and Bell in the same lake. Most are cold, dark, limited viz--why bother? The springs of Florida are a great freshwater rinse after diving the Gulf. Obviously, I prefer the ocean, any ocean, to mucking around in some mud hole. Sometimes you have to make do. I know divers who dive these Corp of Engineer mud holes and love it--just cannot get into it. Any ocean dive, even a bad one is better than almost anything an impoundment has to offer.
That said I have two quarry dives slated this summer but for reasons other than the actual diving and I imagine I will muck about in Table Rocks ome more.
You know, I hear that lakes don't have currents and I have been told I am crazy but I got caught in some sort of current, underwater land slide--something--in Lake Powell and it was scary! N

I am a fresh water and black water diver. I have been in the ocean twice. It was nice but I love fresh water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom