Are you getting a flu shot this year?

Will you get a flu shot this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've taken three flu shots in my life, when Uncle Sam caught up with me and made me take 'em. I got deathly ill and spent two weeks in bed after each one. I've avoided 'em like the plague for about twenty years now and don't plan to ever get one again.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
I've taken three flu shots in my life, when Uncle Sam caught up with me and made me take 'em. I got deathly ill and spent two weeks in bed after each one. I've avoided 'em like the plague for about twenty years now and don't plan to ever get one again.
Rick

I've had one in my life--1975, compliments of Uncle Sam. Had a problem/reaction and have never had one since nor will I ever have another one.

I'm in the high risk group due to my Asthma. Anything I get like that, even a cold...goes straight to my lungs and becomes bronchitis....if I don't catch it quick enough and get on antibiotics and prednisone, it becomes Pneumonia within days.

Needless to say, I always get a flu shot. Even with the shortage, I'm signed up to get one next week....my Doc is holding one for me.

I generally feel a bit crummy a day or two after the shot....but nothing like the flu (which I did have one year, before I started getting the shots).

Hope everyone stays healthy!

Peace,
Cathie

RonFrank:
I noticed there is not a *no* catagory
No, just the "Afraid of needles." Not very scientific, eh?

DandyDon:
Still wondering why no one seems to want the weakened live virust?:viking:
Ah ha! Some one answered yes to that one? :crafty:

I'm not high risk but my very young daughter is. Two teenaged girls died of the flu last winter from our little school district. Flu is not taken lightly around here anymore.

The worst part is that I work with people who insist on coming to work sick and sharing it with all their co worker bees. :roll:

I will take the MLV nasal mist if offered to us, Don!

It's too early for the flu to be here, I thought, but my local, sometimes dive buddy came down so sick Sunday that he wouldn't answer his phone. Tried his cell, then his shop, then his house, then - his mom. She found him asleep at his house - one of the risks of of alone livers.

He finally got back to his store today, but when I went by to check on him, it took me but a few minutes before I started tallking him into closing and going home.

A cutomer of mine, whom I've known for 50 years since he was born, came by yesterday, and I thought about his extended hand before I shook it. Got to stock up on hand disenfectant! :hmmm:

Only had a flu shot once. Got the flu and it was a nasty one. I usually don't catch it. I wash my hands a lot. And I work out. But I also don't have any risk factors!

Never had one, why start now.........who knows what other negative affects it may have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom