Armor 110 rolling bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkiDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks,

Does anyone have any experience with the Armor #110 Light Armor rolling bag? I like the weight and price, but I'm hoping to get some user feedback.

In particular, I wonder about the lack of a telescoping handle. Is it comfortable to pull behind you? (I'm 5'11" and my wife is 5'4".)

Does it stand on its own when loaded? Or does it tend to tip over?

Do folks like the features and durability?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any experience with the Armor #110 Light Armor rolling bag? I like the weight and price, but I'm hoping to get some user feedback.

In particular, I wonder about the lack of a telescoping handle. Is it comfortable to pull behind you? (I'm 5'11" and my wife is 5'4".)

Does it stand on its own when loaded? Or does it tend to tip over?

Do folks like the features and durability?

Any input would be much appreciated.

I used one for a couple of years. Like you mentioned, the low weight got me interested in it. The pull strap, rather than a handle is a little annoying but manageable for short distances. I wouldn't want to pull it more than a few blocks. It seems a little awkward in stop and go situations because it does not easily stand on it's end and it has a tendency to tip over. I held it upright while in lines. In order to get it rolling, I gave the bottom a foot nudge while pulling the handle down. The reason I no longer have the bag is on my last trip with it, the airline gorillas damaged it. I filed a claim & received a check for its value, but haven't bought a replacement. These days I use a cheap rolling duffle with a telescoping handle.

I can't comment on this particular bag but I have something similar with a non-telescoping handle. I got it because it was so light compared to bags with a handle but I find it difficult/awkward to pull. It's ok for short distances but not for anything longer. My feeling is that it doesn't make much difference how tall you are, these type of bags will always be awkward to pull because you have to either pull them close to your body (and therefore they bang on your legs) or trail your arm well out behind you (and therefore need very strong muscles !). However if the weight is a really significant factor for you, then consider it because they can be at least a kg or more lighter than anything with a hard bottom.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific to the question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom