Artist starves dog to death as a work of art

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My sister went to Corcoran art school. Growing up she had a talent for drawing and painting, she used to like to draw and paint alot. I saw nothing that she produced while going there that required any talent in drawing or painting. I think natural talent was discouraged. I went to student exhibits that were just plain crap, a mannequin covered with condoms was one that I remember, a lot of crap that didn't even register. I don't think she's drawn or painted anything since leaving there 20 years ago.

I think another artist needs to use him in his art project, now there's art to ponder.

I like that idea. Maybe he can chain him to a short rope and let him starve to death. Kinda like to display how people in public shun homeless people. Wouldn't that equal to the statement he was trying to make about stray dogs? We've all heard of "starving artists," let's have one displayed.

Modern Art is an oxymoron. Most of it is no talent scum balls who don't want to get real jobs. This is why instead of these stupid schools right out of high school two years of national service for EVERY 18 yr old should be mandatory. Israel has a great system and they do not have the problems we do with sickos, gang bangers, and the like. Problem with all these kids is their worthless parents don't teach them respect anymore.

It was a hoax. Still sick, though.

It's still undetermined according to snopes. I don't think anyone (that's willing to talk anyway) really knows whether it happened or not.

BTW, I refuse to look at the photos, too.

I may not go to Costa Rica for quite a while just to show my outrage of this action.

I don't think this is the path to take. Costa Rica has come a long way in many respects. I don't think punishing the people is fair. Not in this case anyway.

That said, those pics are horrific. I really wish I would not have looked. Definitely makes you want to cry. I like this idea:

Quote: Jupitermermaid Maybe he can chain him to a short rope and let him starve to death. Kinda like to display how people in public shun homeless people. Wouldn't that equal to the statement he was trying to make about stray dogs? We've all heard of "starving artists," let's have one displayed.

Jim, Agreed, I too like Israel's system. Certainly has some merit. That said, it weirded me out a bit to see them walking around with guns in the mall like it is nothing.

I don't think this is the path to take. Costa Rica has come a long way in many respects. I don't think punishing the people is fair. Not in this case anyway.

That said, those pics are horrific. I really wish I would not have looked. Definitely makes you want to cry. I like this idea:

Quote: Jupitermermaid Maybe he can chain him to a short rope and let him starve to death. Kinda like to display how people in public shun homeless people. Wouldn't that equal to the statement he was trying to make about stray dogs? We've all heard of "starving artists," let's have one displayed.

OK...I'll go along with that idea. That way I can visit the country, not punish the innocent people, and see a great art display, with the said artist as the main vocal point :no:eyebrow: Maybe I'll eat hot aromatic popcorn while I stare at the bastard. :popcorn:

It's still undetermined according to Snopes. I don't think anyone (that's willing to talk anyway) really knows whether it happened or not.

BTW, I refuse to look at the photos, too.

I think the they meant the blood collecting chick was a hoax.

Reading Snopes I see they contradict themselves in their statement
“ ...and this dog was not replaced by another after it had died”
“...it was never made clear whether the dog actually died...”

they also mention that he wasn't going to do the same thing...no matter what he does, I think all his art should be boycotted.

I received this as an email yesterday with pictures and it included a link to a petition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom