Aruba Dive Shops: Wetsuits and BCDs for the Big Man?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kamala

Reaction score
I'm going on my honeymoon in January to Aruba and I have yet to invest in dive equipment, particularly because I'm trying to slim down before I make my initial equipment purchase. Since I don't want to make a hasty equipment purchase, is there a dive shop in Aruba that carries 3XL wetsuits and 2XL BCDs? I checked with Clive at DiveAruba and the biggest he has is XL.

Kamala:
I'm going on my honeymoon in January to Aruba and I have yet to invest in dive equipment, particularly because I'm trying to slim down before I make my initial equipment purchase. Since I don't want to make a hasty equipment purchase, is there a dive shop in Aruba that carries 3XL wetsuits and 2XL BCDs? I checked with Clive at DiveAruba and the biggest he has is XL.

Glad to see another big guy diving. I went to Aruba last october and the only size a lot of shops have is XL. I dove with Red sail sports and they ajusted an XL to fit,it wasn't that comfotable. Try cheking with your local dive shop for a rental to take. I did not need a wet suit the water was 85 when i wen't diving, don't miss the ANTILLA wreck its a great dive

WOW! Thought this thread had gone silently into the night. Thanks for the input.

Solved my problem by starting on a rent-to-own program with an LDS up here in the Puget Sound area. As long as my payments are up to date, I can use rental equipment for free. Owner is more than happy to outfit me in rental gear for my wedding/honeymoon trip to Key Largo/Aruba since he's probably going to throw a bunch of expensive gear at me to try and get me to fall in love with while I'm away and empty my wallet when I get back. So I'll be dragging a wetsuit across the hemisphere with everything else, but small price to pay to make sure I'm comfortable in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom