Aruba in February - recommendations pls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always use Romeo at Native Divers. The best way to get hold of him is to phone him. They don't usually check their emails.

Aruba divers,, 15 min walk along beech,,,left as you walk from hotel towards the sea ,,,jan is the instructers name,, 2 yellow ribs,, pretty good easy diving guy.:crafty::crafty:

I'm heading to Aruba on March 16, first time there. My 12 year old Son has his SSI referral... Been waiting a LONG time for this dive buddy to be old enough!

I've always done Bonaire but opted for Aruba - a new 12 year old diver isn't ready to be the only 'buddy' and shore diving (Love it) would end up just the two of us.

Anyway, I've never done Aruba, and would love a trip report. We are staying at the Westin.

Vis, water temp, reef health, marine life... any info would be appreciated.

Packing up, leave tomorrow Saturday 19th with wife and boys for a week of R&R in Aruba, staying at the Marriott Ocean Club time share. Was planning on diving with Clive Paula at Dive Aruba, however his boat is still not ready and he is chartering another boat on what apears to be a either a day by day or week by week fashion and was not 100% sure whether he had a boat available for next week. I made alternate plans and will be diving with Jads, Tuesday and Thursday. Both ops come with great reviews. Will report back later. Bon Bini Aruba :shades:

I would appreciate any feed back on your diving trip. My son & I are scheduled to dive with Clive in March, so I'm curious about his boat situation. I haven't made any alternative plans yet, but I may have to in the near future. We are staying at the Marriott Surf Club, where I believe Native Divers are located. If I have to reschedule they might be my first choice. Enjoy the dives with your son, that's as good as it gets -- even when your son is 28!

Bill

check out aquawindies i did my referal ow there and i am going back there in march great dive shop

Just spoke with Clive and he said his boat flipped and is being repaired, didn't say how it flipped. He's using a friends boat right now but said he is only taking 4 divers at a time.

Hi all,

Currently out in Aruba and got some dives in with Clive in the boat that he is currently renting.

Only a small boat (4 divers on our trip) but for me smaller is better.

I like Clive's attitude, he let's you dive to your abilities and you get a good long bottom time if your air consumption is up to it.

TT

Thanks for the update. I'll have to check with Clive to made sure my reservations were in early enough to secure two spots. I dove with a buddy last year in St John, who kept complaining about the small boat our operator was using. I couldn't convince him that a small boat is good, especially for a new diver, because it teaches you to be efficient with your gear and the space provided. Hope the vis is good.

Thanks

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom