Trip Report Aruba - June 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the beaches are beautiful. I stay on Eagle Beach and it is great. The only thing is sometimes the wind kicks up some sand. Also, we trek down to Baby Beach a couple times each trip. There is a mini water park on DePalm Island we went to in the past but found it a big waste. We have done the glass bottom boat tour, Jet skis, visited the Butterfly Farm, Donkey Sanctuary, Ostrich farm, Phillip's Animal Garden, Natural Bridge and other various sites. However, we just try to do a few sites each trip and spend most of the time at one of the beaches or the pool. Aruba has some good snorkeling spots too.
Sounds you could become ambassadeur for us; great true marketing thx

Next time try the real deep wrecks and go on nitrox or try deco diving with Pure Diving Aruba: Steven Koedijk, Alonso Urdaneta and Jeroen.
You ask Norman Arends to take you di ing at the north side which is a real challenge even for is native. That is still pristine and not
contaminated. On the south side all corals are sick.....Remeber we had an oil refinary on the south side spilling dumping its oil.
None of the dive ops I looked into offered Nitrox. I had looked into Pure Diving but kind of wrote them off. If I recall they don't really have a shop or anything and just have something outside with no bathroom there or on the boat. I do know Alonso, as he was Captain of the boat I was diving off during past visits. Maybe I will give them a try as it would be something different. I am pretty bored with Aruba diving as it is just the same few sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom