Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever used your lights/sirens to get through traffic while not responding to a call or pursuing a suspect?

SeanQ:
Have you ever used your lights/sirens to get through traffic while not responding to a call or pursuing a suspect?
I haven't, but one of the Sgt's. did. He was hustlin' to the station because he had diarrhea.

Here's one you don't see every day...:blush:
Situation:
I am inclined to drive around wearing my wetsuit when going diving in the fall....if I get pulled over by a 'normal' cop is there any chance of me getting hauled in on suspicion of me being under the influence of something or insanity etc.? By normal cop I mean the ones not here because if you guys pulled me over it would be very obvious to you that I was speeding in order to get in the water during slack tide and hopefully you'd give me my ticket expediently and let me be on my way to my dive...

Gidds:
Here's one you don't see every day...:blush:
Situation:
I am inclined to drive around wearing my wetsuit when going diving in the fall....if I get pulled over by a 'normal' cop is there any chance of me getting hauled in on suspicion of me being under the influence of something or insanity etc.? By normal cop I mean the ones not here because if you guys pulled me over it would be very obvious to you that I was speeding in order to get in the water during slack tide and hopefully you'd give me my ticket expediently and let me be on my way to my dive...
I can't see why you'd have any problems just because you're wearing a wetsuit. Last time I've checked, no laws against that.

Besides, I've pulled over a gay cross-dresser that had just finished his show for the night. He got out of the car wearing bluejeans....with the rear cut out of them!

TJcop:
Yeah, but the current expandable batons we use are basically throw aways. One use and they get bent to crap. Personally, I've never even used my baton, other than to poke at stuff or move nasty looking clothing while searching.

Ive used my batons a couple of times and never had any problems with repeated use.

keruxts:
If you really want to be a pain ask for a jury trial on the traffic offense and watch it get knocked down to court cost.

I'm not sure about Sean's neck of the woods, but in California you are not entitled to a jury trial when the maximum punishment does not include a jail sentence.

In my area, if an officer fails to show for court on a traffic citation, it's usually dismissed. The dockets are too full to reschedule the trial, and there are also issues about whether or not the defendant got a "speedy trial" if it was.

Gidds:
I am inclined to drive around wearing my wetsuit when going diving in the fall....if I get pulled over by a 'normal' cop is there any chance of me getting hauled in on suspicion of me being under the influence of something or insanity etc.?

I've seen weirder stuff than that.

Gidds:
I am inclined to drive around wearing my wetsuit when going diving in the fall.....
I was in Monterey, driving from Breakwater to Lovers with my drysuit and everything on except the kit (including blue smurf dry-gloves, mask backward on forehead and fins in lap) and got pulled over for doing a California stop - in California, for goodness sake!

Ever try to sign your name with dry-gloves on?

Anyway, the officer didn't bat an eye, just gave me the ticket and said, Have a nice day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom