Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So i will toss a question now in the mix; if someone had a new Porsche 997 and decides for some reason to speed about 90 mph over the speed limt on the highway would you get a ticket or hauled off to jail? And you happened to live in FL...

peaceful:
So i will toss a question now in the mix; if someone had a new Porsche 997 and decides for some reason to speed about 90 mph over the speed limt on the highway would you get a ticket or hauled off to jail? And you happened to live in FL...

IMHO Go for it! Sometimes the crime is worth the punishment just have fun while doing it and get your wallet out... Isn't there a legal place to run your car fast? there is here in Houston..

I, I mean my friend, can run it at Sebring race course and at airports sometime but if you can make a 4 hour trip in under 2 then why waste the time if you have an appointment to get to. Yes, one could always leave earlier.

peaceful:
I, I mean my friend, can run it at Sebring race course and at airports sometime but if you can make a 4 hour trip in under 2 then why waste the time if you have an appointment to get to. Yes, one could always leave earlier.

Sounds fun... can I ride along....

In FL that can be jail - I believe it is at the officers discretion though.

I hear Sebring is awesome. My 16 year old just did the course for his b-day. His dad figured boys are going to do foolish things with their cars. So he figured Sebring would be a great place for him to learn some handling in hopes that he will be a safer driver on the road.

One of the hardest jobs in any industry is the point of contact person who has to deal directly with members of the public. Some members of the public are pleasant, and patient. Some are not. The point of contact person has to deal with them all, while trying to do what the company requires......and that is to sell you a product that you WANT.

Now, picture the poor patrolman. When he or she contacts you, the big question first is who are you? Are you Grandmaw Groceries coming back from the store? Or are you Tookie Williams' Lieutenant who has sworn not to go back to Penguin Bay?

After that, Officer Friendly has to inform you that you may be receiving a ticket for some infraction of the many rules, regulations, and laws that legislatures promulgate in bewildering numbers.

You, on the other hand, just want to get to work before the boss strokes out, or to school to pick up your kids before the Principal starts calling CPS. It may just not be a good day, since you just had a knock-down drag-out verbal confrontation with your significant other, and you just spilled your maximum-froth expensive latte right in your lap.

This is not a formula for happy inter-personal communication, is it? :huh:

Considering all of that, it is surprising how many officers manage to be quite pleasant about the whole thing, and how many citizens do the same. It is just that small percentage on both sides that makes the biggest ruckus! :D

BigJetDriver:
:lol: Real guns...get real. :rofl: Off duty I carry a Colt Defender with a Nowlin barrel,Trijicon night sights, and a single-port compensator. On duty, the only difference is that I have 15 rounds in my Para-Ordnance pistol, and the compensator is a Nowlin dual-port. Both are stuffed with Federal 230 grain plus-P Hydrashoks. :lol:

Hey, my favorite gun is a Colt 1911 in .45ACP. The only problem is so few departments are willing to issue 1911 style handguns. I think a Colt or Springfield 1911 in .45ACP or a BHP in 9/.40 for "those" departments would be good choices.

In reality, how many departments will issue those?

Dive-aholic:
justleesa, they do. They're just abusing the badge....

Yeah, I could understand that depending on the situation they can move a bit faster or not wait at a light.

I have just seen some going way faster then they are supposed to, parked in a no parking zone talking to buddies, right on red on a no right on red corner etc.... Good to know, not that I could change anything....but still good to know. Thanks

I have a question about breathalizers. I rarely drink but about twice a year I have an extended lunch with a friend at work. Everything I have read indicates that it takes 1 hour to metabolize 1 drink. So if you have a glass of wine at 11:30am another at noon then stop drinking (glass was empty at 12:30) then have only water until 3:30pm. What will the breathalizer show? What will it show at 4pm?

MikeC:
Hey, my favorite gun is a Colt 1911 in .45ACP. The only problem is so few departments are willing to issue 1911 style handguns. I think a Colt or Springfield 1911 in .45ACP or a BHP in 9/.40 for "those" departments would be good choices.

In reality, how many departments will issue those?

I had a Springfield 1911-A1 .45 acp for many years. I sold it last year, stupid me... It became very reliable just after the first 500 rounds or so. Mine was worked over by a gunsmith though, with a long spring rod, polished ejector hole and a 4 lbs lenghtened trigger. I used it for practice and some competitions. I even put down a huge moose with it! -It was already hit by a Mercedes though...

(I don't know if I got my translation right, but I've at least tried! :D )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom