Atom 1.0 Oceanlog 1; must I install drivers separately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drrich2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi:

I've got a buddy with an old Atom 1.0. Oceanlog 2 doesn't work with it; only Oceanlog 1 (the Oceanic Worldwide software). He's got an HP notebook PC with Windows 7.

On a recent trip to Bonaire, we used my wife's notebook PC with Windows Vista Home Premium. I'd downloaded Oceanic's Oceanlog 1 and 2 separately, since my wife used a VTPro and I use a VT3. I did not separately download or install any drivers; just the main software.

Oceanlog 2 handled the VTPro and VT3 fine.

Oceanlog 1 (actually shows up on the PC in the program files listing as 'Oceanlog Atom') downloaded from the ATOM 1.0, or at least appeared to, but the software display on the computer screen was messed up. The opening screen was okay, but under the Dive Log section, click on 'Dive,' and parts of the window are in black (like where air amounts go) and those labels thus can't be read. And while 33 dives total are listed under lifetime dives (Wallob did 18 dives in Bonaire this year, 17 back in March 09), the most current that is listed is from March 09 (he believed his Atom was set for the time and such; I don't have it on hand now).

Anyway, here are my main questions.

1.) Is the Oceanlog version for the Atom 1.0 compatible with Windows VISTA? If not, what about Windows 7? I've heard 7 has an 'XP Compatibility Mode' or some such? Is that a fix?

2.) Is the Oceanlog software for the Atom 1.0 now such that it can just be downloaded and installed, or must I separately download driver software? Years ago when the Atom 1.0 first came out it was needful, but software gets upgraded & sometimes such things change.

3.) Oceanlog 2 can import the info. from Oceanlog 1, right?

Richard.

I haven't had any luck with oceanlog 1.x using an operating system newer than Windows XP.
Both Vista and Win 7 have compatability mode but still it didn't work for me.
The download adapter driver is still a separate download unless you instal from an original CD but that probably isn't going to be an updated version.
As for importing the info into Oceanlog 2.x from 1.x, I haven't tried that. Let me know if it works. There is always manual data entry if all else fails. I have an older PC with version Oceanlog 1.x for an emergency but my Atom 1.0 is a backup computer and to keep my logs in order downloading I'm not relying on it but my other computers that all use Oceanlog 2.x.

You have to change the theme in vista to classic theme for oceanlog 1 to show the boxes in vista. Windows I don't know. Most likely you could import the file but you can open the file with oceanlog 2.X.

I have a ProPlus 2 and my wife has an Atom 1.0. I use the newest version of Oceanlog for my PP2 and I use Oceanlog for Atom 1.0 for her Atom. What I do is every time I want to download her dives I open Oceanlog Atom and download the dives to a new profile and save it. Now close out of Oceanlog Atom, you're done with it. Then I open her profile (the same profile that I keep all of her dives in) in Oceanlog 2.x and use the import function and import the temporary Atom profile that I created with her latest dives. So I really just use the Oceanlog Atom to download her dives. Let me know if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom