Atomic T2x and Z2x questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But as far as corrosion goes, nobody keeps their regs in salt water 100% of the time.

I agree. I bought my T2 primarily for the weight savings, although I do appreciate that titanium is the most corrosion resistant metal out there.

The only time I ever regretted buying it was when I had to write the check to pay for it. That was a temporary pain, though, and is now only a distant memory. And now I appreciate that I took the plunge, so to speak, not only every time I travel with it but also every time I use it.

And yes, with the two year service the parts are free, .............

Just an FYI, the service parts ARE NOT free unless there is a PROBLEM with the reg during the FIRST 2 years. After the 1st 2 years/300 dives, service parts are not free. If Indian Valley Scuba is giving the parts away then they are a really nice dive shop because they are not getting reimbursed for the parts.

take any pictures?

I just got my T2 upgraded to a T2x. While i have not tested it out yet, I never regretted buying the T2. Weight reduction is superb especially when you lug your equipment around or check it into some budget airlines. I had close to 250 dives over 2 yrs on my T2 before sending it in for the upgrade without a single problem, no leaks, no trickling of bubbles, no wet breathing, it performed just as it was advertised. Extremely reliable piece of hardware. All my dives were sea dives. I compared the T2's filter with my buddy's B2 (70+ dives over 2 yrs), and we did see how Titanium performed. Mine had hardly a tinge of green while the B2 had the usual sign of corrosion.

The most important factor, is the post sales service that Atomic renders. The service dealers where I am based at, are a bunch of fools. No one has heard of the T2x, nor do they know which parts of the SS1 exactly are Titanium etc. Idiots. So I emailed Darcy about sending my reg back to the factory for upgrade and servicing. I asked a hell lot of questions, technical questions about length of hoses etc. She answered them all promptly and professionally. That to me, is what you get for paying so called 'premium' prices for Atomic regs. T2, no regrets.

And once again, thanks Darcy!

Oh yeah, I also second Uglyredshoes about Darcy at Atomic being helpful. She's a fountain of information on everything Atomic. Also You don't see the owner/designer/president of Apeks/Scubapro/Aqualung/Oceanic/Sherwood/Zeagle/Cressi/whatever go out to dive shops and talk to divers about their likes and dislikes of his products, but you will see Dean and Doug and Darcy out at the various SoCal dive shops answering divers' questions on their products and discuss about the various features on their gears.

That, to me, is commitment to their products. Not just have the geeks in the lab doing all the research and development, beta testing and then releasing products to the market, but following up for actual user comments as well.

No pictures Jack.

Well... they didnt do the update engraving on my 1st stage, dont think they could have, but i did get a new T2x purge cover :wink:

Slightly OT but several people have mentioned the weight savings. While true it is a drop in the bucket. If you really want to save weight look at ditching the stupid roll-a-board. Most weigh over 10lbs which is 20% of your allotted 50lbs. I have been using duffles for years. They weigh little and can be drug around. If you need a cart just use the stupid Smarty Carts which are free everywhere but in the USA.

I may be missing something, but spending ~$800 more to go from a Z2 to a T2 seems to be a rather expensive way to save ~8 ounces.

You're right. i did not consider the snob factor.

Why would you let someone's gear choice have power over you?

I drive a 1990 Jeep. It's definitely a beater. But it doesn't mean I feel slighted by what others choose to drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom