Atomic T2x and Z2x questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breathing preformance basically the same - corrosion factor - HUGE - I see regs everyday that come in for service and there is a major difference looking at the ports, and various parts on brass compared to titanium. Less corrosion, better preformance over time, and talk about a regualtor that will last you a lifetime!
Dive Site is correct on our warranty - 2 years "out of the box" and a lifetime on the metal components (if purchased through an authorized dealer, see warranty information on our web site for complete details) Service costs are the owners responsibility every 2 years but warranty not contingent to service.

Thanks guys and gals! Feel free to email me w/ questions or find me on facebook!
Darcy Benward
Atomic Aquatics

Then you would really hate my Rolex Sea Dweller.

hahaha I went with the Submariner...

it's awesome, but it's not accurate... I lose a few minutes every month...

my fiance and I are looking to buy some Atomic regulators...

He is interested in the T2x, do you think the titanium is worth the extra money? and during the 2nd year service, are the parts free?

I'm interested in the Z2x, I haven't read that many reviews (since it just came out), but I was curious if anyone can tell me their opinions on this regulator and the T2x...

They're both phenomenal regulators and the answer to your question is "disposable income".

If you don't mind spending the extra money to save weight and have a more corrosion-resistant regulator, the T2 is an excellent choice.

Otherwise, you won't go wrong with any other regulator Atomic makes. I have 2 M1's and a Z1 and they're probably the nicest regs I've used.

Terry

hahaha I went with the Submariner...

it's awesome, but it's not accurate... I lose a few minutes every month...

Sounds like it's time to have it serviced. Given that these are mechanical watches, as opposed to quartz, your watch should be accurate within -2 to +4 seconds a day although it's typical for a Rolex to be more accurate than that. Doing the math, it shouldn't lose more than a minute or gain more than two minutes a month. My Sea-Dweller gains about a second a day, which I consider to be outstanding.

Of course, simply resetting your watch is a whole lot cheaper than having it serviced, but in any case Rolex recommends service every five to seven years (which I read as "seven" :wink:).

If you send it in to one of the three Rolex service centers in the US, you'll get back what looks like a brand new watch as they not only take it apart, replace any worn parts and lube where necessary, but they also clean and polish it up for you as well.

I've only had it for about 3 years... Got it for graduating college... isn't that service 500 bucks?

It's going to be about that, probably less since it will be the first service.

That's the great thing about Rolex--it's the gift that just keeps on giving! :lotsalove:

I've only had it for about 3 years... Got it for graduating college... isn't that service 500 bucks?

The gasket gets brittle and give out. So, if waterproofing isn't a concern to you then the service is optional.

And yes, all dive watches have waterproof gaskets, and all of them will need to be replaced sooner or later. Sooner rather than later if they were to function as dive watches, especially in salt water.

You dont get the new engraved first stage as an upgrade in case you're wondering.

But you do get at least 2 new Titanium parts replaced (i dont know what they are called specifically).

And you get a peace of mind. I think that is worth the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom