Atomic T2x and Z2x questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a B2 to dive nitrox with, so is it really important that I upgrade my T2 to a T2x ? Would it be better not to replace to titanium parts in my T2 with the new metal you are using is I do not need to or would you recommend I do anyway?

When I had my T2, i did slightly over 80 dives on recreational Nitrox. Well, nothing happened. Something might have happened, who knows.

I cannot make the recommendation based on what i've done myself.

But since you're so concerned about whether you should/should not do the upgrade.... heck, why not do it for that peace of mind?

If not, i think you've gotta wait for Darcy to explain exactly what they changed out of the T2.

Thanks for the reply, uglyredshoes. I think I will wait for more info from Darcey to see exactly the parts that are replaced. I could just leave my T2 for diving air although I have already used for nitrox. Since that time I have dove it many times with air but have not used again with nitrox since the last time a year or so ago. I guess I could leave it alone and use my B2 for diving nitrox

Hi Jimmy,

You have a B2 or T2? The B2 is 40% back and forth so that is fine if 40% is as high as you go. If you have a T2 and want to dive nitrox I would recommed getting the upgrade kit so you can safely go back and forth to 40%. The T2 is currently advised to be dedicated to either air or EAN.

We have 2 different kits, so depending how old the reg is the piston, yoke retainer and possibly the seat retainer would be replaced. We can determine which kit you need by the 2nd stage serial number. You can email me at darcy@atomicaquatics for more information.

Please note to ScubaBoard members I'm going on vacation and won't be checking email starting Friday the 31 through Aug. 10 so if I don't reply to your messages, I apologize - I'll be under water :)

Cheers,
Darcy

But as far as corrosion goes, nobody keeps their regs in salt water 100% of the time.

In the tropics regs are in salt water 100% of the time.

In the tropics Titanium is a godsend. In the tropics, the air is extremely salty so everything corrodes. But not titanium.

On a repair note, the used Z1 I bought to see if it really was anymore corrosion-resistant than chromed brass had several nearly welded together by corrosion bits.

It's actually 8 oz difference per the Atomics website. So, under water that 8 oz would translate to...Don't really want to go into SG and all that stuff. But suffice it to say, the diff underwater is slight.

Back
Top Bottom