Attaching Dive-Rite Shears to Backpack Strap BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheDude90

New
Reaction score
Howdy,
Im looking for a clevar way to attach the diverite shears vertically on the backpack strap of my diverite BCD. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions or products that can mate the two.

I bought some "molle" clips to mate 2 pieces of vertical webbing but the BCD has 2" webbing.
PXL_20240325_203946094.jpgPXL_20240325_203954311.jpgPXL_20240325_204003546.jpgPXL_20240325_204014881.jpg

Howdy,
Im looking for a clevar way to attach the diverite shears vertically on the backpack strap of my diverite BCD. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions or products that can mate the two.

I bought some "molle" clips to mate 2 pieces of vertical webbing but the BCD has 2" webbing.
View attachment 833451View attachment 833448View attachment 833449View attachment 833450
Mount it on the left waist strap where it belongs :wink: Alternatively, take a heated awl, or a small heated screwdriver, or the tip of a soldering iron and poke a hole in each corner of the webbing. Through this webbing, tie a small piece of bungee (say 3-4mm) horizontally. This would also save you from unthreading the TransPac.

Mount it on the left waist strap where it belongs :wink: Alternatively, take a heated awl, or a small heated screwdriver, or the tip of a soldering iron and poke a hole in each corner of the webbing. Through this webbing, tie a small piece of bungee (say 3-4mm) horizontally. This would also save you from unthreading the TransPac.
That's fair. I am right handed so good call.
So you're saying through the BCD webbing poke two holes on each outer edge and put a bungee through it with a stopper knot on each end or through the shears sheath?

I have eyelet tool and solder for that purpose. Never thought about putting holes places but that might make the most sense

That's fair. I am right handed so good call.
So you're saying through the BCD webbing poke two holes on each outer edge and put a bungee through it with a stopper knot on each end or through the shears sheath?

I have eyelet tool and solder for that purpose. Never thought about putting holes places but that might make the most sense
Holes through the knife sheath itself is the easier option. If the sheath is:

A——-B
| |
| |
| |
C——-D

Then you have holes at each letter, and a bungee from A to B and from C to D. There are enough interruptions in the transpac threading such that the sheath won’t slide very much. Alternatively, the bungee could orient through a triglide, such that it would go A triglide B and stay locked in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom