August 4th Meet, Greet, and Shore Dive Dania Beach, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grand poo ... bring anything you like we will have a grill .... just come on down and let's dive :wink:

Shouden with a 120 steel you should be able to stay down a very long time ... but a A80 is light weight and we do have a walk and swim to get to the dive sites ... what the heck bring both :wink:
KP

Everyone on the boat dive on the 4th has called the dixie divers to let them know you are going and if you need tanks right ??? 954-420-0009

Divergirl4u:
Everyone on the boat dive on the 4th has called the dixie divers to let them know you are going and if you need tanks right ??? 954-420-0009

I called and booked with them, but I didn't get tanks. They usually have you get tanks right at the store.

Just got done rereading the first post of this thread. A few comments.......

I'm The Wanderer.... I'm not Wanderer or Wonderer. But y'all CAN call me James. Or whatever you want actually..... as long as you're smiling. :14: My dive buddy is Bob. Bob is trying to think of a good screenname for joining Scubaboard. Bob is a nice guy and a good diver, but doesn't seem to be a good screenname picker-outer. :11: Maybe y'all can help him.

Ronnie King is Dragracer. You have him listed twice. Once with his lovely bride and once listed without her. He'll probably eat for two anyway so it doesn't really matter for planning purposes. :rofl3:

Is anyone bringing cups, plates, forks, napkins, paper towels, etc? Didn't see that listed. :confused:

Where is the best place we can get air fills between lunch and the evening dive?

I'll check on the food list Friday evening, see what's needed and post what I'm bringing.

:wink:

Well, it has taken me up to the day before to commit to coming to your gathering, but I have decided that sometimes life is about change. You see, I am not really big on beach dives, although I admit I have only done two, perhaps not enough to give it a fair chance. I also tend to be at the lesser end, when it comes to being a social butterfly. But I want to dive, it's supposed to be another great weekend. I enjoy a good BBQ and having more peep's to dive with is always a good thing. So here I come.:blinking:

I have a couple of questions...
I have read through the entire thread, but I have to say at this early hour I could not retain if there was anything you were in need of for the lunch?
I do have a dive flag if we are in need of those, should i bring it?
The metered parking takes dollar bills or do i need a roll of quarters?

I think that's all. Sorry for all the questions I am just one of those people who tries to cover all the details.

The Wanderer:
Where is the best place we can get air fills between lunch and the evening dive?

:wink:

Right near the park, on Dania Beach Blvd. there is Coast Maring Diving Supplies. They can hook you up on air.

down4fun:
I have a couple of questions...
I have read through the entire thread, but I have to say at this early hour I could not retain if there was anything you were in need of for the lunch?
I do have a dive flag if we are in need of those, should i bring it?
The metered parking takes dollar bills or do i need a roll of quarters?

I guess brign whatever hasn't been mentioned that you want to have there.

There will probably be plenty of dive flags, we will divide up into groups though if necessary so we're not all running into eachother, so you might need yours.

The parking takes bills and quarters.

wysmar:
I called and booked with them, but I didn't get tanks. They usually have you get tanks right at the store.
Right you will need to show up at the store early to get your tanks and then bring them back to the store after the dive .... you can call ahead and let them know what you want for the dive and they will have it ready to pick up at the store for you :wink:
KP

It's Friday ...It's Friday:monkeydan

Hey Justin, is your dive gear EVER dry?? :rofl3:

I swear, every time I go to Dania Beach...which is pretty frequently because I LIVE THERE...I run into you or see your truck. I think you are going to get the ScubaBoard Most Frequent Beach Diver award!!

The Wanderer: Coastal Marine is really close, here's a map with directions (they are on the North side of Dania Beach Boulevard in an ancient strip shopping center). Their website is perpetually down but you can call them at (954) 923-2388.

I am really, really gonna miss you guys this weekend...but I'll be having fun with the bicycles and kayaks with non-diving-boyfriend-extraordinaire up in Fort Pierce. Everyone have fun, be safe, and PM me with the GPS coordinates of the lobster dens... :lotsalove:

to all shore dives bring a flag and and tanks ... to shore night dives you will also need glow sticks :wink:
KP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom