aussie aussie aussie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobcarr

Reaction score
hi from down under

hows every one
thanks all for the advice on courses. Its a bit hard for me do go diving because of location of home. but every where on the coast i go i go diving. With the AOW is there a certian amounts of dives needed before course can be attenpted

c ya later
brendan carr
brendan360@hotmail.com
be back in a couple of wweeks. Hopefully going diving

Hi Bobcarr

No not at all. You can basically do the course right after your open water cert. However the Advance course won't make you an advanced diver, only experience will do that, it will however advance the diving skills that you learned in O/W.

You'll learn more about navigation, you'll go deeper and prehaps experience nitrogen narcosis and the three elective dives that you do are always fun. Search and Recovery is a good elective as you work more on your navigational skills, night diving is another good elective and if the facility has them try and get the last dive on DPVs. Thats a real blast.

Shops will always try and push more courses on you but you don't need to do them right away. Try diving with divers who have more experience than you as diving is all about learning from others who have been there and done it.

Welcome to "the board" you'll learn a lot here, there is a wealth of experience and there are some nice people to boot.

Hocky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom