Aussie Wannabe Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Jim, I am 25, from Sydney. I am looking to meet some people from this forum. I am not a qualified diver yet, as I have not had the opportunity to do a course. I would love to have discussions with people about what diving is really like.
Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's addictive!

If you fill out your profile a bit more, then the folks in your neighbourhood will soon be saying a great big hi, and provide you with all sorts of useful information.

souvlaki2004:
I would love to have discussions with people about what diving is really like.

WELCOME ON BOARD JIM

Diving is for me escaping the everyday routine and noisy world. Down the water I feel calm, relaxed the only noise you hear is the sound of the bobble. I feel free like a bird (I mean you feel like you are flying). Sometimes I go underwater just to breath nitrogen it make me feel good…

Once you start you can not stop. It’s a lot of fun and see all this nature there down the water is just marvellous. Furthermore I did not meet for the moment a diver who is I would say “normal”. :jump013: We are all in a way or another a little bid crazy. Safe but crazy. I think is the Nitrogen…

You have so many beautiful diving spot in your area!!!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING TO JOIN THE UNDERWATER WORLD!!!!
Get you OW certificate :deal:

souvlaki2004:
Hi all,

My name is Jim, I am 25, from Sydney. I am looking to meet some people from this forum. I am not a qualified diver yet, as I have not had the opportunity to do a course. I would love to have discussions with people about what diving is really like.

Hi, Jim!

Jerry Garcia exactly captured the mood (for me, at least) when he said diving "is an active, physical form of meditation . . . you're like a thought."

Diving seems to accommodate (and enthrall) all types, the quick and the contemplative alike. It really is addictive - I find that the more I dive, the more I enjoy it and need it.

I've had the pleasure of diving in Oz and met some great folks that way. I hope you have a great open water course!

Hi Jim!

Welcome to ScubaBoard!! Lots of great info here to browse through! Hope you are able to get wet soon!! It's a whole new world down there!! It's peaceful, relaxing, and beautiful!! Nothing else compares!!

~~Becki

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Hope you get to try it soon...

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome to the board.

Believe me you can get *any* question answered here, even some non-diving ones.

I met a couple from Abyss Scuba Diving in Sydney on a trip to Sipidan recently and one of them is very active on the board in the Photography Area. www.abyss.com.au. If you are looking for a place to learn give them a try.

souvlaki2004:
Hi all,

welcome to the board,you,re in the right country for your new hobby,there,s plenty of different opportunities in aussie (paradise),you,ve got the whale sharks in WA,then the cage diving in SA and the GBR,you,re so lucky mate.peace :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom