Australian Kidnapped in Mindanao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just read that some 14 year old american kid escaped from his kidnappers after 4 months in the jungle..

pretty sick

Very lucky young man...it is a shame that others must inflict such pain to make their point. But if you look at our history and see how we have handled most of our differences violently through the ages, violence just could be man-kinds legacy. :bash:

Here is one story of the escape... Kevin's great escape: how boy, 14, foiled armed kidnap gang

Any new or additional news on Warren Richard Rodwell or his case?

Very lucky young man...it is a shame that others must inflict such pain to make their point. But if you look at our history and see how we have handled most of our differences violently through the ages, violence just could be man-kinds legacy. :bash:

Here is one story of the escape... Kevin's great escape: how boy, 14, foiled armed kidnap gang

Actually it's not religious or ideological. Most of these recent kidnappings are for ransom. These so called "rebels" are actually bandits trying to make a fast buck.

Actually it's not religious or ideological. Most of these recent kidnappings are for ransom. These so called "rebels" are actually bandits trying to make a fast buck.

Ooooh no Pao...

That just cannot be ... or otherwise "ALL" of the various worldwide news medias would have reported these incidents as such. You know you can trust the news media for precise & accurrate details and fair & responsible coverage. :facepalm:

They are not like my Used-Car Salesman Uncle Billy-Joe-Bob whos motto is "I cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you", who would tell me anything and do the most unthinkable, just to make a sale. :rofl3:

While I might make light fun of the media & my uncle...in all seriousness, regardless what the media wants to call his captives let's pray for Warren's safe and speedy return....

That just cannot be ... or otherwise "ALL" of the various worldwide news medias would have reported these incidents as such.

Why is there a "news black out" about this and most Kidnap for Random cases in the Phils ?

If more people knew about them, couldn't it bring attention to those who are already kidnapped, and also bring awareness for those to use precautions in the future not to go into certain areas ?

Any updates to Warren's situation?

Filipina marriage scams occur when a woman lures an unsuspecting Western man into her dangerous web with promises of love and devotion. The man who is usually from the United States, United Kingdom, or Australia falls in love with the person the Filipino woman is pretending to be and marries her.

Once the deceptive woman gets what she wants out of the marriage, she discards her husband. Sometimes, the Filipina will trash the husband's reputation in the process, and if there are children involved the situation becomes even more frightening.

The one's who have gained out of this kidnapping crime are the terrorists and the local Filipina wife, who tried to trash the husband's reputation right from the get go. Strange that she kept using her maiden name after marriage. Why didn't she sell his house and the water filling station as she claimed, (but was quickly exposed to be untrue) to raise ransom money?

After release, the local Filipina wife said, "When I go there (to the hospital) I want to see him, I want to taking care of him, I want him to meet me but the guards said Warren don't want to see me in person,'' she said. Mr Rodwell was lucky to get out of this ordeal. Perhaps. He preferred to stay alive without her in the same country as him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom