Awww Crud It Is Pouring Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the dam breaks on Kauai you can read all the stories on: www.kgmb.com it is channel 9's news. They have all the stories from the day it happened and what is going on now.

It FINALLY rained in Kihei yesterday evening. First rain in several weeks, even though other areas of Maui have seen some pretty good rainfall totals. Just a little bit yesterday evening. Then bucketfuls for a few hours starting at 3:30AM.

Didn't get in the way of diving though. Had a nice 3 tank dive trip with Ed Robinsons today, even though it was raining about 1/3 of the time.

The weather forecasters must all live on Oahu. The forecasts for Maui are just about useless. Friday was supposed to be showers and thunderstorms. After holding off on taking a neighbor's sailboat out several times because of a whole series of days that were forecast to be nasty but were beautiful, we went ahead and took his 26' Corsair trimaran for a spin on Friday. Beautiful sunny day, in spite of the forecast.

Forecasts for The Big Island are never right either, at least for Kona. Most island wide Flood Watch and Warnings are hard to believe it stays so clear and sunny. I feel for the folks that have got so much but today’s rain was a blessing for the orchids.

I heard today that part of Kauai got over 100 inches of rain in the past month - WOW that's 4x what Lahaina gets in a year :D

and it finally started raining here too - about the middle of last night, hasn't stopped yet...

Aloha, Tim

it has stopped at my house, beautiful sunset, and the ocean is flat like a lake on the southside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom