B-29 Wreck in Lake Mead - Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome, enjoyed that....

Great footage, absolutely an awsome presentation.

But I thought when it was first discovered it was reported at much deeper, was that to keep people away or is the lake down that much?

Great video, makes me want to go see it in person.

Great video!

Am I reading the dive plan wrong? It seems like the plan does not account for gas switching which is clearly done in the video.

in Henderson Nevada... 'bout 10 mi. from Vegas,... I mentioned that the Lake Mead B-29 was in my "10 year plan" and they said that by then I could probably Snorkle it as the lake level's been falling ( "California gets all our damn water!").

mwilding,
Remember that we had a mixed team. The plan shown was for the rebreathers, not the OC guys. No gas switch for the CCR team. Even with two deco gases (50% & 100%), the OC guys still had 2 min more the the CCR team. The efficiency of the CCR is amazing at these shallow tech depths.

Phil

mwilding,
Remember that we had a mixed team. The plan shown was for the rebreathers, not the OC guys. No gas switch for the CCR team. Even with two deco gases (50% & 100%), the OC guys still had 2 min more the the CCR team. The efficiency of the CCR is amazing at these shallow tech depths.

Phil
Ah - thanks, that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom