Baby sea turtles need YOUR help!!! (Broward)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Livan! I replied. :blinking:

For Livan and anyone else, PM me with what area you can help in (South Broward, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano, Hillsboro) and what night(s) you can help and your e-mail and phone number. I'll get your info to the official volunteer on duty that night in that area to get in touch with you.

just sent you a PM Wanted to go out with you from your goldcoast last minute post--after this video, I'm definitely on board!!! Want to go out tonight if possible..

Just replied to you...sorry, just got home from Jupiter, rinsed gear and now logging on...passed your info on to the lead volunteers in Ft. Laud up to LBTS where they REALLY need help. You're awesome!

most amazing experience ever!!! Was out for about 8 hours last night and didn't get home until 5AM. Rescued probably over 200 turtles. Incredible to see those little guys pop out of the sand. Discouraging to see almost all of them go the wrong direction. Unfortunately we were too late for 2 hatching and the majority of the nest went every direction except toward the water.

If you love the ocean do everyone a favor and volunteer for an evening..even better..volunteer on a regular basis. There are not enough people and too many nests. July and August are the busiest months so now is the time to help. It's truly something you would see on NatGeo..... please volunteer and help these beautiful, peaceful, tranquil, gentle creatures get back into the water as a result of us screwing up their internal GPS system up because of all the condo's and lights.. :(

EIGHT HOURS???!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!

I love your report, very poetic and very TRUE.

Everyone else, don't let that scare you off...if you can give one hour, four hours, or twelve hours, whatever you do helps!!!!!

You sure could! Please PM your: name, best phone number to call, e-mail address, and what night(s) you are available. I will pass it along to the lead volunteer for that area. it is an area of GREAT need due to lighting violations AND one of the other main volunteers is on vacation this week so you are needed! :)

people are needed every night---especially from June-September. Just think how many thousands of baby turtles you can at least help get into the water if you give a few hours a week. You can really make a difference!

just a bump to try and get some help to increase the chances of baby turtles surviving!

Debby, you got my info, and Hermit Crab and I would love to help.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom