Back by popular demand - Diving in the Panhandle! 11/18 & 11/19!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Sounds good, Morrison is fantastic :D

I will probably make Morrison also...I just can't pass up the chance to dive it again. Who knows when it will silt up and then we can't dive for a while. Think I should go while the gettings good.

Definately, I know this year has been good for Morrison, but its not always this reliable. Last year, we had more off, flooded days than clear days.

All those attending or want to attend dinner send me a pm with an email address.

I'll send you the secret password for getting in. Let's just say "Green Acres is the place to be."

The person who brings me a cute single boy to snuggle with on the beach as you all dive will be able to say they gave me a birthday present.:D

SeaYoda dove mid tide(incoming) last Saturday and apparently had a great dive with little current. He dove the East finger jetty(the northermost one). I haven't heard of anyone diving crab island, am I incorrect in thinking its just a shallow sandy area??

SuPrBuGmAn:
SeaYoda dove mid tide(incoming) last Saturday and apparently had a great dive with little current. He dove the East finger jetty(the northermost one). I haven't heard of anyone diving crab island, am I incorrect in thinking its just a shallow sandy area??

Yes, you are correct. I dove crab island this summer just to test out some gear in shallow water. Friends and family were swimming off the pontoon boat while I tooled around. There is WAY to much boat traffic there most of the time. There really isn't anything but sand unless you catch the occassional school of stingrays or you dive right where the channel starts. Usually there is some grass there and I saw a few interesting critters and about a million hermit crabs.

The jetties is the best place or if the tide isn't bad it is fun to explore around the pillars of the Destin bridge. We saw quit a few fish while diving under the bridge but you have to watch the tides while diving there just like the jetties.

Just my two cents

wb416:
So.... are you offering dinner and diving for thanksgiving too! :D

Nah just my birthday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom