Back by popular demand - Diving in the Panhandle! 11/18 & 11/19!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know, excuses, excuses, but I've got a good one.

I'm trying to help get a Local Dive Group organized but I am not going to be able to make this weekend. I really wish I could. I would love to meet you guys. I am land locked until mid-December, recuperating from surgery. Hope you guys have a great time and check out the thread on the Local Dive Group and lets try to meet up next month.

GLENFWB:
I am willing to commit to Sunday if you still want to go. Actually, I am trying to get two other friends to join us.

Cool, I'll plan to stick around.

SuPrBuGmAn

Sure sounds good to me. Lets see a 5:00 PM dive at the Destin Jettys and then to Morrison on Sunday. Are you going to camp at Morrison or where? Let me PM you on this.

GLENFWB:
That's okay with me but let me know if you think it will be a wash out. I will yield to your expertise on deciding whether we should dive it or not.

Cavern will still be clear, basin just might be a bit funky. Actually, with the cooler spring water temps and warmer river temps, we can probably dive under the funk - which actually looks pretty awesome while looking up.

Still a go :D

500 PSI:
SuPrBuGmAn

Sure sounds good to me. Lets see a 5:00 PM dive at the Destin Jettys and then to Morrison on Sunday. Are you going to camp at Morrison or where? Let me PM you on this.

High tide is at 8PM, we'll hopefully be meeting at the jetties at 7:30PM, but it may be closer to 8PM depending on how fast I can get everyone to roll away from Kch's table - LOL.

So I've got double steel 80 airs for the weekend courtesy of my dive club. I just need to know where the action's going to be in the Panhandle. I've only got a 3/2 wetsuit and no hood, unfortunately. Don't know if that's sufficient for Morrison or what have you, because I haven't done that yet.

Never done a night dive either, am always wary of jetties after getting ripped in the current in Panama City. Might be doing a nitrox offshore dive on Sunday, maybe. Or maybe not! Wrist is going great now. What's going on on Sunday if nothing else works out? :)

You guys have fun this weekend and think about us less fortunate land locked folks. Hope to catch you next go round.

KansaiKitsune:
So I've got double steel 80 airs for the weekend courtesy of my dive club. I just need to know where the action's going to be in the Panhandle. I've only got a 3/2 wetsuit and no hood, unfortunately. Don't know if that's sufficient for Morrison or what have you, because I haven't done that yet.

Never done a night dive either, am always wary of jetties after getting ripped in the current in Panama City. Might be doing a nitrox offshore dive on Sunday, maybe. Or maybe not! Wrist is going great now. What's going on on Sunday if nothing else works out? :)

I dive a 3mm at Morrison without a hood when air temps are friendly. This weekend, I'm taking the hoodvest. Without a hood, I'd be jumping from the water and into a heated car. Still doable if you'd like to give Morrison a try :)

Night dive at the jetties is still on the plate as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom