Back from Roatan!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin:
where do you stay in coz?

Vin

We have stayed at the Coral Princes, Reef Club and The Fiesta Americana. They are all nice. The Coral Princess is not an all inclusive, but it is a nice simple place. The Reef club and the Fiesta Americana are both all inclusive and have a lot of ammenities. The Reef club is a little further from town also. We have been 4 times to Coz and are planning on a 5th this fall. Not sure where we will stay then. Probably one of these same places. I can't wait!!

Dive Bunny:
Unfortunately we are back from Roatan where we stayed at Bay Island Beach Resort for 11 days. It was awesome and I will definitely be back!! Everyone there knew us by name and we felt very at home. The diving was great, the food was great. I must say that they had the best food of any all inclusive I have ever been to. From lobster tail to yummy desserts I can't think of anything I didn't like. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is thinking about going to Roatan. The ONLY thing I won't miss is the sand flies which were very bad so definitely bring something with a high % of deet and reapply often. They are out in full force from morning til night. And for only $12 before you leave they will do all of your laundry so you don't have to do it when you get home. Make sure to bring a beach towel though, which is one mistake we made. The west end was a great place for shopping and hanging out at some of the local bars. Coxhen Hole, which is the other small town has necessities, but not many shops for T-shirts and other souveniers. Plus it closes around 6 and the West End is open much later. The visibility on our dives was excellent and there was such a variety of diving. From Walls, reef and wreck, and deep to shallow. One of the coolest things was that on almost every dive no matter what the depth, at the end the dive master would always bring us around to reef in about 15-20 ft of water, the sun was shining and the colors were beautiful. We would spend a little while there finding eels, lobster etc and we could just go up when we wanted and the boat would wait. We didn't have to worry about a safety stop because we were already doing one. Awesome trip!!

I've been researching this resort, so I'm happy to read your review. Haven't been able to find too many. What's the diving like for begginers? My 11 year old is getting certified this summer, so we're planning to take him with us this November. These will be his first ocean dives. I've contacted them about their kids' program as well. Did you notice many kids there during your stay or what the kids' program was like? We also have a 4-1/2 year old who will be going with us. I haven't been since '00, but loved the island then.....Thanks!

kimkc1971:
I've been researching this resort, so I'm happy to read your review. Haven't been able to find too many. What's the diving like for begginers? My 11 year old is getting certified this summer, so we're planning to take him with us this November. These will be his first ocean dives. I've contacted them about their kids' program as well. Did you notice many kids there during your stay or what the kids' program was like? We also have a 4-1/2 year old who will be going with us. I haven't been since '00, but loved the island then.....Thanks!

This resort is great for divers, but honestly it is not very kid oriented. There were no kids there during our 11 day stay, just divers. I am not sure if they even have a child program. I know Anthony's Key Resort, which is right down from Bay Island Beach Resort has a lot of child activities. They are more family oriented. There are a lot of easy dives around the island that the new diver in your family can enjoy. There is no strong current on this side of the island and there is a lot to see on the shallow dives. I think you would want to choose a place with a good child program to keep the little one busy and somewhere who also wouldn't mind having a young new diver on board. I think there is a depth limit on how deep he will be able to go at that age and you don't want to go to a place that has only hard core divers and only a couple of boats because the majority rules and if the other divers want to do a 100' dive then that is where the dive master will take them. And I would hate to have him left out when I know he is definitely excited about getting certified and exploring!!

Back
Top Bottom