Back Inflation vs Vest Style BCDs - Diving Maluku

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a student today who had no issues at all with trim in a BCD, either before or after I took her ankle weights off. This was hovering stationary on a platform. People manage both. The fashion is to say the BCDs are rubbish but really they can work perfectly well.

She did have trouble with getting places to clip things off and part of that would be fixed with less stuff at the front. Maybe a wing, maybe some other BCD.

For a single cylinder setup I think the practical advantages such as during positioning and accommodating almost any sized diver are probably more important than trim. You always have options to move cylinders up and down and change where you keep your arms.
I have a jacket bcd ( mares) that I bought used from eBay that i love because it does exactly what it's supposed to do without drama but it's layout is completely wrong for me. Useless pockets and d rings just where I don't want them. I'll probably get a wing at some point as i will be able to configure it more to my liking and it may be better suited to the style of diving I wish to pursue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom