Back into scuba and lookin for buddies near Tarpon Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mugster

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy all;

I just got certified after almost 30 years away from diving. Unfortunatly I am very new to Florida and do not know many people down here, nevermind people who dive. I am currently studying for the Nitrox class and the Advanced Open Water (taking classes next week).
I am game for what ever as far as far as diving goes, within my skill set. I have a boat to go out into the gulf and bay.

Mugster

Mugster, give me an email. I'm newly certified OW, and need to get some bottom time. I'm north of you in Crystal River.
dragracerusa@earthlink.net

Mugster-- I'm pretty much in the same place as you as far as diving goes. I was away for 22 years but back now and am having a great time. My buddy and I have been diving the fresh water springs.--Blue Grotto, Paradise Springs, Alexander Springs etc. they are alot of fun but we are ready to hit the gulf now. However, I think we are going to go to Blue Grotto this again Sat. If you're interested --drop me a note.

I'm thinking of diving Crystal river this Friday before heading up the Ginnie Springs. Let me know before 4pm tomorrow if your interested in jumping in for a little dive time! :)

I think I am going to hit Weeki Wachi tomorrow to work out the kinks with my new gear (Trans Pak, Trek Wings, RG2000 reg set, Wisdom computer, etc). I was thinking about heading out to a reef near Tarpon on Sunday, if I can talk a friend into watching the boat while we dive. I figure I can get 4 people and gear on the boat at a time, so give me a shout if anyone wants to go out.

Has anyone dived Hudson Grotto? I think I will be doing my deep water dive for AOW there next weekend. Will I need a bigger light than my little UK AA hand held? Or should I even bother with a light?

Mugster:
Has anyone dived Hudson Grotto? I think I will be doing my deep water dive for AOW there next weekend. Will I need a bigger light than my little UK AA hand held? Or should I even bother with a light?
You will need a MUCH brighter light. I did my first OW cert dive there. It was like diving in a large glass of tea. VIS was 4-6 feet.
Who are you going to Weeki Wachee with?

Dragracer:
You will need a MUCH brighter light. I did my first OW cert dive there. It was like diving in a large glass of tea. VIS was 4-6 feet.
Who are you going to Weeki Wachee with?

Narcosis Dive Shop does their weekend OW cert dives there, so I am going to head over with them.

Hi mugster,
I'm new to the Tarpon Springs area and also am a neophyte diver. I am nitrox certified but have only done my nitrox check out dive. I noticed your message is from April so by now you probably know all the "ropes" in the area. My husband and I are always interested in making new dive buddies, so send me an email, please!

Did any of you guys dive the tanks? I live in Trenton and wouldn't mind checking it out sometime.
Kurt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom