Backpack recommendations for carry on for cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is heavy but stealthy because if it's size so just make sure you wear it to the check in counter and act like it's light as a feather...:D

[

my friend exercises his index finger so that when he comes to security he can make his back pack look light by lifting it with one finger - that's dedication!

Thanks for the very comprehensive reply - will have to look at this very carefully - no wife/GF to carry the laptop !!!

Your input is much appreciated.

De nada...

As for the laptop, since this is a full size carryon, treat it as your real carryon and get a small laptop sleeve as your 'personal item'...it just has to hold the laptop and it's charger. (oops - just noted you're in South Africa - probably don't get the same 'one plus personal item' carryon rules, do you?)

I'm assuming of course you are checking all scuba gear and clothing...and these days that probably means paying for a second checked bag, if not the first. :(

I just ordered the Vertex 300. I like the CompuTrek but I don't know if both sets of my camera gear will fit so I opted for the larger bag. Thanks for all of your input! I'll post a follow up and a picture when it arrives!

May i just say thank you to Bbarnes for starting this thread at such an oportune time. I shall be taking a diving holiday in Andy T country later in the year and needed to upgrade my backpack to take camera etc. all the comments from posters have been helpful and as the weather this weekend is unsuitable for diving i'm going shopping - for something useful!

I think I'm just gonna wait till all my stuff is here (Nexus housing plus ports on the way !!)
Then take the whole lot down to my local camera shop and see what fits. It's either a Computrekker or a Vertex, will post results.

Thanks all for the very useful info.

Update - I ended up buying a Vertex 300 AW. Test fitted everything I wanted to go with me, will post a final checklist later this week for future reference.

Thanks to all who contributed with advice & comments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom