Backscatter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That pic is very dark. When you let the filters work on it something shows up, but it looks more like a cartoon/coloring book picture. Sorry but that one is a gonner.

kwickert:
:D I am hoping by manually calibrating my white balance and turning off the strobe I can do better next time.

Ken
That will make a BIG difference. You might want to check out this thread. It has some good tips on setting the MWB.
Good luck!

Wow thats a good photo after editing! how did you go about editing it? Possible to share a few tips?

justleesa:
The back scatter in the picture that you posted could be erased with the proper processing software. here a before and after processing pic:

beserker_77:
Wow thats a good photo after editing! how did you go about editing it? Possible to share a few tips?
I just go thru the filters that I have:
Auto levels (if I have a red hue after using the levels filter I go back to the original photo and use the color cast tool and start from the top again)
Auto color correction
Auto contrast

If I still don't like the colors I sometimes go in and add some red and green.

Then sharpen the picture up a bit

Finally use the clone (stamp) tool to erase the backscatter

Let me know how it works for you.

Aloha,
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom