Backup light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RiverRat:
Has anyone compared the PT with a Heser backup LED? I can get one for about $216.00 US from deepstop.de. It's expensive but a top of the line light. Just wonder if it's worth the extra $.
http://www.deepstop.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=86_90&products_id=429
I actually own and use both the Heser and Photon Torpedo. I give the edge to the PT. Strongly constructed at a cheaper price. Never heard of any issues with either light. Both are quality pieces of kit.

no brainer in my book... after searching, reading and asking for ages, I settled on the PT as a backup, in the end, I'm using it as my primary during my night dives......

A Chanster:
Any comments about the
Dive Rite (Hand-held) 10W HID Light?
Had trouble getting mine to fire up from the get go.

Thanks,
A Chanster

Sorry to hear that. I don't have any experience with it. I must say the PT I got does kick ***. Built tough. Bright. LED. And the guy at Gulftex really takes care of his customers.

Salvo has a new line of backups in the same vein as the scouts and PTs.... with BOTH a 3-Cell and 2-cell version

goodeatsfan:
Salvo has a new line of backups in the same vein as the scouts and PTs.... with BOTH a 3-Cell and 2-cell version
Very interesting.

http://www.salvodiving.com/backup_lights

PT is cheaper, of course, and has a proven track record. (Although I have no reason to doubt the Salvo light will be incredible, too, considering I have a Salvo 21w HID to judge them by.) I think I like the textured grip of the PT better, too, although I would like to hold both in my hand before making any pronouncements. I'd like to compare light output, too...

my gripe about the PT though is that it tends to 'chew/eat' my rash guard..... the diamond scorings grippiness is it's own monster.... but I still love 'em

I love the PT and its bright enough for night dives. Trying to decide between two handheld 10watt HID lights, the Salvo and the Diverite. Anyone have any opinions on either of the two? The salvo is 100 bucks more but includes the battery and universal charger.

Back
Top Bottom