Bad air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dove with these tanks for 3 years literally 100 's of fills from US and Mexico. First time I've had bad air. I wasn't worried about CO specifically I just assumed that if the air tasted burnt then through the process of burning there would have been excess CO. They were viz 2 month ago and usually get done every 6 to 8 months. We dive several times a week. I will have them re vized for the sake of comfort.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Not enriched gas. Bled all air from tanks and re filled with just air.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You say that the van filled with smoke as you bled the tanks inside it. The smoke obviously came from the tanks. That means high concentrations of CO inside the tanks. Definitely have them cleaned.

It is time to name the shop before someone gets killed! CO poisoning is very real. How many others got fills from the same compressor that haven't dove them yet?

From someone that has seen CO poisoning on 14 people, from one bad compressor. I bought my own CO meter there after.

I also agree your tanks need to be cleaned, not just vis'ed.

Hydro'd is just stupid people talking.

Back
Top Bottom