Baggage restriction on Philippine Airways?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba e

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was told originally that baggage restrictions were based on the original carrier the flight was booked thru (American). Today I was told that Philippine Airlines only allows carry ons to 15lbs and checked bags to 30lbs.

Anyone have experience with the trip from the US to Manila via PEK?
Jsut a moment of panic 3 days before we leave!

I believe it matters how you were ticketed. If your luggage is checked all the way through then you should not have a problem, if however, you have two discreet tickets then you may have issues...

Cheers,
Roger

International is international. IE I think we were two checked at 50 lbs. each plus carry on at 15 lbs per person. This was Philippine Air. The domestic flight to Dumaguete was different. The checked bags are around half the weight of what international is. We got sports passes, this was cheaper than paying the excess baggage fee.

If in doubt sign up for Mabuhay Miles Sports Plus Card. costs little and adds 20kg sports luggage allowance for a year.

Just back, had two domestic flights on Philippines Air.

Manila to Tagbiliran, they did not weigh our carry on but asked us what it weighed and wrote that on the tag. Checked baggage was weighed but 3 pieces for 3 travelers and total weight was divided by three. I only paid P300, I think the nice agent lady cut us a break.

Cebu to Manila: One heavy looking carry on was weighed and came in just under the limit. All three traveler's checked bags weighed together, dinged for P3000, more than a single airfare, ouch

It depends on the gate agent, but can be pricey if you are schlepping a lot of gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom