Trip Report Bali Dive Resort in Tulamben, Bali, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be honest, best and cheapest way is to book direct with a resort, no need to go through a travel agent
I have found this not always the case, I rang the resort and asked about pricing first, then did a search and found a cheaper rate during the same period , this was done last year, well in advance of my travel, I paid the full amount upfront it was such a good deal.
That is the reason it would have cost me so much to change to a new places, prices have gone up,
the mob I used state I could cancel within a few weeks of leaving and change my booking, again, the prices had gone up.

And thanks to people on here who know the place well, I have sourced a good dive shop in the area , a big callout to JonnieB.

Great video! Thank you for sharing this. Bring back a lot of memories from my trip there last year.

There is an ATM in the Indomaret, works too. Has been there for at least a year. I was there for 2.5 weeks this month.

To be honest, best and cheapest way is to book direct with a resort, no need to go through a travel agent. The resort will arrange a driver to collect you from the airport or hotel in Denpasar and return after diving has finished. I have done four trips there and we always have just booked direct. Never needed to pay a deposit either.
I've been in Tulamben and Amed the past four months, when I was last staying in Tulamben (three months ago)
There is an ATM in the Indomaret, works too. Has been there for at least a year. I was there for 2.5 weeks this month.

To be honest, best and cheapest way is to book direct with a resort, no need to go through a travel agent. The resort will arrange a driver to collect you from the airport or hotel in Denpasar and return after diving has finished. I have done four trips there and we always have just booked direct. Never needed to pay a deposit either.
I was there in October/November 2023 and there wasn't an ATM at Indomaret. If there's one now, it's certainly more convenient than going to Amed. Still no official money changers in Tulamben; for that a run to Amed is necessary (PT Assa Valas) 💱 💱 💱

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom