Bali Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Poi, one more recommendation for Tulamben and also for Aquamarine Diving. I've used them whenever I'm there, they are very good but not the cheapest so it depends on what you are looking for. I would also highly recommend Secret Bay (it is near the Menjangen area). Tulamben can get pretty crowded, but it is still a very good experience. 3 weeks in Bali sounds great, excellent diving plus a lot of non diving activities! I know that Demon84 recommends the Gilis, I haven't been there myself, most people seem to prefer Bali.

So most of you stay around the south and book your diving from there and just travel of the day? We were thinking of making our own way around the island, any idea on the quality of the dive shops if we were to just turn up in Tulamben for example?

Like to keep our plans open is all, not book loads of dives with one shop in one place.

So most of you stay around the south and book your diving from there and just travel of the day? We were thinking of making our own way around the island, any idea on the quality of the dive shops if we were to just turn up in Tulamben for example?

Like to keep our plans open is all, not book loads of dives with one shop in one place.
Just tell Aquamarine what you want and they can set up the whole thing. It really is not practical to stay in the south and make day trips. Especially Tulamben as its 3+ hours by car. Much more convenient to stay near the dive sites, also cheaper.

I was wondering whether some of the better known shops have offices around the island.
You can't go wrong with these dive centers (my personal picks) :
- SeaRovers or Reefseen in Pemuteran (NW Bali, access to Menjangan and Secret Bay)
- Liberty Dive center Tulamben (Tulamben).
There are lots of very good dive shops in Tulamben or Padang Bay. Personally I prefer diving with guides who dive their area year long everyday, they intimately know where the good stuff is, moreover their dive shops can compete in any terms with the "big" dive centers in Sanur.

If you are diving in Bali AquaMarine Diving is a great operation. Have used them on two different trips to Bali and they are first class. Price is good and you get a lovely drive through the countryside. Tulamben ( Liberty Wreck) or Nusa Penida are amazing. Happy Diving!

My blog about diving Bali and just Bali in general
DIVING BALI
BALI ADVENTURES

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with these dive centers (my personal picks) :
- SeaRovers or Reefseen in Pemuteran (NW Bali, access to Menjangan and Secret Bay)
- Liberty Dive center Tulamben (Tulamben)..

Thanks for this, checked in with liberty yesterday and started diving this morning. Very nice resort and free reign over when we want to dive with the same guide.

We're heading to Padangbai to cross over to the Gilis anyway but wondering whether it's worth fitting s five in there as well??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom