Bali Pics with RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Maat,

Really nice photo!!

Im using RX100 too, but really got frustrated by its compability with strobe. Actually I used to have a YS02, but in the RX100 M mode, the preflash cant be turned off nor sync well with YS02 no matter I set the YS02 to with/without preflash, then I changed to YS01 and try using TTL to overcome this problem, but the hit rate of correct exposure in TTL mode also very low, so would you please share whats ur setting(especially setting between camera and strobe) to capture these beautiful pic.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Thanks
En

Hi all.

This was my husband and mine's first trip with our new camera and the results came out pretty decent. By no means are they perfect but I'm happy with this attempt. We're going to get a second light and maybe a wide angle lens for our next trip in Bonaire for January. We did NOT get the hang of the macro lens, which was a bit disappointing, but meh, we'll get there. :) The equipment was an RX100, Nauticam housing, a Sea and Sea YS-02 strobe (not the TTL one).

Enjoy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/maat1976/sets/72157646410819778/

Claudia

Sorry about the late reply on this.

It was hit or miss to start. I think we just kept bracketing on the strobe and having used the TTL strobe in a class, I found it was just as much work. Normally we left it at half strength most times with a turn up or down a notch depending. That said most of our subjects weren't fast moving!!! :wink:

Claudia

Thanks Claudia!!

Actually I got no problem when using a YS-02 and olymplus XZ-1, they sync really well coz both have the manual option for flash and can force off the pre-flash.

Everthing changed when the combination become RX-100 + YS-01 (no matter manual or ttl mode):(, its not about the setting in the carmera nor flash itself, its about the sync problem between them, no matter in maunual of ttl mode, I can get the first one with correct exposure and all wrong in the next without changing any setting on the camera nor flash for a same scene...

Anyway thanks again for your sharing!!!! cant wait to see your new diving photo!! Cheers!

Sorry about the late reply on this.

It was hit or miss to start. I think we just kept bracketing on the strobe and having used the TTL strobe in a class, I found it was just as much work. Normally we left it at half strength most times with a turn up or down a notch depending. That said most of our subjects weren't fast moving!!! :wink:

Claudia

Back
Top Bottom