Bali Trip Report - Sep/Oct 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the general Bali/Lompoc one. We were traveling with a non-diving couple, and only spent seven total days out of our 3 weeks there actually diving, so I wanted lots of information about all the other stuff to do. I tend to buy more guidebooks than I need whenever I travel somewhere, as there are important bits and pieces that you will find in one that you won't find in another.

It's definitely helpful to have a good paper map, especially if you are going to be doing any long driving trips. (Oh, and another tip - for God's sake don't try to drive yourself! Drivers are reasonably priced, and you will avoid death.) :wink: Driving anywhere takes a long time in Bali, as the roads are pretty wild and the traffic is insane. But I found it really enjoyable to track where we were on the map.

waze application will be very helpful to select and track your route. Most cases, is reasonably accurate to estimate traveling time unless there's ceremony block the road.
I used this application on my last 4 trips to Bali. GPS garmin or conventional map for back-up in case the network and GPS down.

I agree 100% about getting a car and driver!!! I feel you would take your life in your own hands if you tried to drive in that craziness!!! We have have found very reasonable prices every time we go to Bali!!!!QUOTE=Leejnd;7307295]I got the general Bali/Lompoc one. We were traveling with a non-diving couple, and only spent seven total days out of our 3 weeks there actually diving, so I wanted lots of information about all the other stuff to do. I tend to buy more guidebooks than I need whenever I travel somewhere, as there are important bits and pieces that you will find in one that you won't find in another.

It's definitely helpful to have a good paper map, especially if you are going to be doing any long driving trips. (Oh, and another tip - for God's sake don't try to drive yourself! Drivers are reasonably priced, and you will avoid death.) :wink: Driving anywhere takes a long time in Bali, as the roads are pretty wild and the traffic is insane. But I found it really enjoyable to track where we were on the map.[/QUOTE]

One alternative to a paper map is purchase a sim card at the Denpasar airport for a data package that costs about $200,000 IDR and use google map.

Back
Top Bottom