Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have the time, you should explore coming to East Timor for a few days to check out the diving here. I have only Bunaken to compare it to in Indonesia and I would say the coral is more abundant here in East Timor.

Some friends who have been diving in Bali say it is nice but suggest going to sites like Tulamben very early in the morning to beat the crowds. East Timor is refreshing in the fact that you are often the only group of divers at any given site. We have 25+ shore dive sites less than 45km from the capital, Dili.

You can grab a flight from Bali on Merpati airline for ~$250 round trip.

Come check out East Timor diving, you'll love it. Give us a holler if you are headed out here and our dive club will fix you up with dive buddies.

Nick

For a novice diver Tulamben is the easiest option - shore entry and gentle shelf, calm, warm waters and lots of fish life. Tulamben is around 3 hours drive from sanur, Kuta and Nusa Dua. Nusa Lembongan has nice diving also and is fairly sheltered from the strong currents around Penida / lembongan and Ceningan (all around 45 mins boat drive from Sanur). Menjangan is fairly calm but a long drive. If you decide to come to Bali - call in and see us - we will be happy to give you whatever info you need on Bali diving.

Ive been following this thread for quite a while now and I finally will be going to Bali in august for a week...

Planning to dive Tulamben Amed and Menjangan...

Erwin some great info youve given on this thread...truly appreciate it...I would love to see some good coral...would you know which site is the best in your experience ?

Also would you / anyone be able to suggest some mid range dive organizations which I can book a package through....

Thanks guys...

I spent 5 weeks there (aug/sept) a few years ago. If I was to go back, I would head straight to Gilli Trawangen (sp?). The Gilli Islands are just off the coast of Lombok and are about an hour on the quick ferry from Nusa Dua. The diving was amazing, better than cozumel or Utila hands down. Every dive I saw sharks, Turtles, rays, octopi etc.

I dove with Blue Marlin and would highly recommend them.

Enjoy!

2 dive trips to Bali. I won't dis anyone's operation because they are so needy. Menjangan is the place to go hands down. It really has everything. Stay at the Mimpi

Actually northern Bali offers the ultimate seclusion from the crowd. One doesn't have to necessarily stay at Mimpi Resort (quite expensive), there are plenty of other small-time resorts by the beach.

Also, I agree that the dive at Menjangan is amazing!

hie,
i'll be going on bali this coming wednesday. I've talked to a dive center and they are offering staying over at mimpi tulamben. Any review?

Anyone dived with Air Academy before?

thanks

Mimpi is a beautiful resort - high end and so be prepared to pay for it. I was there 3 weeks ago and had a wonderful time.

Dived with Ena dive centre which provided an excellent Dm for just two of us. apart from the Liberty wreck, don't miss Batu Kelabit and Emerald Point.

You have not filled up your profile but if you have some dives under your belt do Nusa Penida and the drift dive at Sakinan is really exhilarating. current between 3-5 knots !!

We were very fortunate to see Mola Mola during 4 of our dives even though it is not really the season yet. Better chance of seeing them in august and Sept.

Back
Top Bottom