balloon eustachian tuboplasty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
G
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Regarding inability to equalize.....

Can anyone recommend specific doctors who perform balloon eustachian tuboplasty?

I've called local ENTs, but to no avail. Looking for doctor in Oklahoma City metro.

Can anyone recommend specific doctors who perform balloon eustachian tuboplasty?

I've called local ENTs, but to no avail. Looking for doctor in Oklahoma City metro.
There's a hyperbaric unit at Integris Baptist Medical Center who may have an ENT recommendation. Will DM their contact info.

Best regards,
DDM

My local ENT performed it on my right ear and it helped so hopefully you can find one to perform the procedure.

I had a lot of problems equalizing my ears also. I started sinus irrigation or sinus rinsing. You basically flush a lot of the junk out of your sinuses. The mucus in your sinuses can clog the opening to your eustachian tube. And this will prevent you from being able to equalize. There’s a number of different products on the market. If you get all that junk out of your sinuses, your head feels 1000 times better also. If this doesn’t help you can always do the Eustachian tube tuboplasty.

My local ENT did my procedure and it worked wonders. Before, I tried every trick in the book. My family on both sides has a history of narrow sinus passages...lucky me! Unfortunately for you, he lives in California and he retired a year ago. The procedure is simple though and the doctor just needs to be careful to not overinflate the balloons as my ENT said this can affect your audio perception permanently. Best of luck to you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom