Barbados after the hurricanes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Was Barbados affected from the hurricanes? Has
anyone been there since the hurricanes? I would
hate to book a trip and find out most things
are closed or being fixed or something like that.
I know some of the Caymans and Bahamas is still recovering
from the hurricane. thanks.

newbie-in-fl:
Was Barbados affected from the hurricanes? Has
anyone been there since the hurricanes? I would
hate to book a trip and find out most things
are closed or being fixed or something like that.
I know some of the Caymans and Bahamas is still recovering
from the hurricane. thanks.

I was transiting from St. Vincent to the States through Barbados just a few hours before the hurricane "hit". It missed - Barbados and St. Vincent (to the west) got a little blow. Grenada, about 100 miles to the south, was clobbered - as was Grand Cayman, but not Cayman Brac or Little Cayman, later. (I doubt the reefs suffered much, but (IMHO) the reefs in Barbados aren't the best in the Caribbean anyway.)

Agree about the reefs not being the best. But if you want a decent boat dive ...do the PAMIR. And, do it early in the morning before it gets all mucked up by other divers.

The biggest advantage to Barbados to me is that there is so much to do above water.....and some at least decent diving.

I just got back from Bonaire which is a divers mecca.... but for my non diving partner....not sure there was a lot of satisfaction there as there is almost zip to do above water.
rich

Agree about the reefs not being the best. But if you want a decent wreck dive ...do the PAMIR. And, do it early in the morning before it gets all mucked up by other divers.

The biggest advantage to Barbados to me is that there is so much to do above water.....and some at least decent diving.

I just got back from Bonaire which is a divers mecca.... but for my non diving partner....not sure there was a lot of satisfaction there as there is almost zip to do above water.
rich

newbie-in-fl:
Was it affected from the hurricane? Not Barbados.
Thanks.

Bermuda was not affected by any tropical storms this year. We had one biggie last year but your would not know it by the looks of the island. Underwater nothing much was upset so the diving is the same as ever.

Scubamax

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom