Trip Report Barcelo's Occidental Grand Dec 2023 (WARNING - Booking/Check-in/Management - May apply to the Allegro also)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been going to Scuba Club for 20 years, and I wouldn't trade it for an in-town hotel at any price.
I love SCC but the reservation ladies have as much decision making authority as a guy with a Biden hat at a Trump rally.

I love SCC but the reservation ladies have as much decision making authority as a guy with a Biden hat at a Trump rally.
So? Never been an issue for us in 20+ years. Never had any problems with reservations or the room or food or diving. First class operation.

FWIW, compared to the southern resorts, SCC is in town.
Yes
We've stayed at Fiesta Americana down south a few times because we could stay there for free using points. But they screwed up and the beach side of the resort got closed down. Is it still closed? We shifted out attention to the western Pacific, Asia, and Indian Ocean, so it's been 2 years since we've been to SCC. Going back to Coz in a few months.

So? Never been an issue for us in 20+ years. Never had any problems with reservations or the room or food or diving. First class operation.
Nothing wrong with the operation. I DM’ed to explain.

"On the additional person they wanted their US$950! (Keep in mind that that is adding 1 person to a room with 3 people in it already with an apportioned rate of about US$430/person). In the end they got an additional room for about US$400 more than just adding one person."

I know what was said but that doesn't address my question, how does $950 for 5 nights not "fit" with a daily rate of $150-200? The $430/person was a divided room rate / occupants not a daily rate, and they chose not to add a 4th person to the room but get an additional room for $1350 and have 2 persons per room.

Yes
We've stayed at Fiesta Americana down south a few times because we could stay there for free using points. But they screwed up and the beach side of the resort got closed down. Is it still closed?
The last I heard (a couple of months ago, I think) it was still closed.

Yes
We've stayed at Fiesta Americana down south a few times because we could stay there for free using points. But they screwed up and the beach side of the resort got closed down. Is it still closed? We shifted out attention to the western Pacific, Asia, and Indian Ocean, so it's been 2 years since we've been to SCC. Going back to Coz in a few months.
Beach still closed and the pool is cutting people up daily. FA was our favorite resort but we won't go back until they get their, ummm, stuff together. Shame as they have great staff and above average food.

It means that the tiles are breaking off the bottom of the pool and are creating very sharp edges. You put that together with saturated skin and predictable results occur. I almost had to take my teen daughter for stitches with the top of her finger badly lacerated. I also badly cut my foot. That was a year ago this week. The pool has gotten worse since. They no longer hold any pool activities... You'd think they'd fix it.... but no.

Back
Top Bottom